Originally posted here by Tiger Shark
I'm going to make a couple of assumptions... If they are wrong.... don't yell... just correct them....

You state that you want to create a web page. The implication of that is that you intend the page to be publicly available.

You state that you want to experiment with security. The implication is that you intend and are competent in monitoring that web page and, ultimately, the server for compromise.

You stated that your security isn't intended to keep anybody out.... Not sure what to say about that other than the point above is probably not going to occur, (proper monitoring and recognition of compromise).

Now to the guts of my response.....

You don't _play_ at security on the public internet.... Your web page becomes someone else's conduit to attack me... This is the irresponsible use of the internet that allows those of malicious intent to have their way so easily... You don't appear to be competent to do this properly, so please don't do it if it is publicly available...

Understood?
*falls over* I sorry! *bows over and over again* geez, all I wanted was to test an applet or a script that was not connected to anything other than the web page itself. There would be no connections to a server other than hosting it....
My original idea was that if i gave a person the "password" then that person could look a photo album or something that not everyone else could see. Everything would be completely contained within the HTML pages

I am sorry if I have offended any of you for releasing my idea into the public eye...