Thread: Hotmail problem.

Hotmail problem.

Greeting's

i have posted similar problem before but it has started again.....

Okay here is the problem, I have 2 hotmail ID's one works properly no problem there. While when I log into the second one (after I have logged out of the first one, NOT simultaneously). I can log-in without a problem but every time I try to view a mail or click on TODAY or any other option in hotmail I have to re-login. I have never logged in again I always type hotmail.com again and log in.

Today I went through my firewall logs and noticed that ever time I was asked to log in again a SSL connection to SECURE.FOOTPRINT.NET was initiated. I don't understand why WHOIS shows that IP belongs to Korea.

I'm not sure what information to provide so that you people can help me out, please ask for whatever relevant information you need.

Firefox always tell's me that the cert is not from a trusted source. But I dont understand why only with one account and why not both.

I have done the usual like scanning online and offiline etc but nothing turns up.

PS: I have not opened any mail which leads me to log in page again so that exploit is not it.
    Parth Maniar,
    CISSP, CISM, CISA, SSCP

*Thank you GOD*

Greater the Difficulty, SWEETER the Victory.

Believe in yourself.

Well,

Both Footprint and Akamai are distributed cache networks used by Microsoft and a few others. This one may be a spoof, but I would wonder how it could have been registered.

I doesn't seem to go anywhere as far as I can see.

They call me the Hunted foxyloxley's Avatar
    to translate nihil's post

where / how did you get your accounts from
    the first one seems to be legit

as the other seems to be 'dodgy' scrap it NOW
    so now I'm in my SIXTIES FFS
    WTAF, how did that happen, so no more alterations to the sig, it will remain as is now

Beware of Geeks bearing GIF's
    come and waste the day :P at The Taz Zone

Here is a page from that site:

https://secure.footprint.net/seals_s.../800149635.map

If you right click, select page properties then click on the security tab, you can see the current security certificate from Thawte.

It is for SAVVIS, who own footprint.net

EDIT:

1. What happens if you try to log into your second account first ?
    2. Have you cleared your cookies before trying to log into the second account?

Greeting's

Nihil :
    I doesnt matter which one I log in first. The second one always has problems. I have deleted cookies and tried it too but the same problem.

foxyloxley :

I have used that ID in most of my recent work. including AO. so i'm not sure if I can part with it that easly.

I dont know what to do the problem is that once I log in just to change the page or to view a mail I have to sighn in again and again.

One of my friends suggested sniffing all the data during that time. Do you think thats a goot try ?
    Parth Maniar,
    CISSP, CISM, CISA, SSCP

*Thank you GOD*

Believe in yourself.

It might be how your cookies are set. It accepts the first one (account) but the second will cause you problems.

Change your cookie handling procedures and see if that changes what happens.

edit> clearing your cookies does not alway clear the persistant ones, as they are stored in a different place.
    \"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, Champagne in one hand - strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!\"
    Author Unknown

Greeting's

I tried it on 3 different computers but the same problem with the second account on 2 of the computers I only tried to log on to the second account but the same password prompt after logging -in.

All the PC's were of people I have trust on.

Really frustrating
    Parth Maniar,
    CISSP, CISM, CISA, SSCP

*Thank you GOD*

Believe in yourself.

Hi,

Well, i have had a different problem, but it seems to be loosely related. Basically one account of mine loads fine, the other always loads a blank page first and i have to refresh a couple of times to get it working. So while searchin i found this:

Hotmail blank page workaround

Several times I have had to deal with IE problems due to spyware or adware installed in a machine (thanks Kazaa MD and Imesh). Last week a friend told me he couldn't browse Hotmail web site since it returned a blank page and an status bar message stating the page had already finished downloading. This problem appeared mainly in applications featuring browser-based windows (for example I wanted to run System Restore but I got a blank page in that application as well). Googling for some workaround to this annoyance I found out that this error can be solved by installing an application (seemed more like a fix to me... anyway) called Windows Script 5.6 from Microsoft web site that solves the problem that some applications have with browser-based windows. In my case what seemed to cause the problem was McAfee VirusScan when being uninstalled.

In my Windows XP SP2 installation (also for 2K boxes) I run this one
    http://download.microsoft.com/downlo...3/scripten.exe

for Win9x, Me, NT boxes try this one
    http://download.microsoft.com/downlo...1c/scr56en.exe

Hope this helps
    From: http://geekswithblogs.net/aferrandiz.../29/38651.aspx

Now it might not be related, but its possible worth a try,

Hope it works anyway
    www.simpleits.co.uk
    www.tazforum.**********.com
    Google is god ....... of the Internet