Thread: Ghost image corrupt.

Ghost image corrupt.

Howdy..

I have a corrupted GHOST image that contains the vast majority of a client's data. The client has no backup of this data. I have recently reformatted their computer, and have relied on the integrity of the GHOST image to copy the data back over to the operating partition.

The image throws no errors with the integrity checking built into GHOST, but when I attempt to browse the image, only the volume name shows up (i.e. there is no directory structure under the volume name of the drive i imaged.)

I need URGENT help with this matter, possibly a way to repair the directory structure in the image file.

cheers
    front2back

Hey Hey,

Are we talking a true Ghost image (.gho) or is this a smaller environment that's possibly using LiveState Recovery (.sv2i)? If it's actually LiveState Recovery then VMWare can mount the image as if it was a standard VM... It might allow you to create it as a hard drive, then load a bootable linux distro and perform some data recovery..

You could also contact http://www.swstars.com/services/corr...ost-images.htm but I'm not sure if you or the client is willing to pay to have it recovered?

You can also find some information on handling corrupt files on the Symantec website http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPORT...00051614544325

Also have you tried using ghost explorer with the -ignoreindex and -corrupt flags.. That might be enough to get you in to browse a little and recover at least some of the files.

Good Luck!

Peace,
    HT

Howdy.

If it's actually LiveState Recovery then VMWare can mount the image as if it was a standard VM... It might allow you to create it as a hard drive, then load a bootable linux distro and perform some data recovery..
    well i tried the other options and they didn't work. I then tried the VM option and things are looking good, it's now showing that there is data unlike before it was saying that the image contained zero data..
    will get back in a few minutes while i try to get it ironed out.

cheers
    front2back