Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: *** HEADS UP *** Its IE again :rolleyes:

*** HEADS UP *** Its IE again :rolleyes:

Greeting's

Jeffrey van der Stad has reported a vulnerability in Internet Explorer, which can be exploited by malicious people to compromise a user's system.

The vulnerability is caused due to an unspecified error when handling .HTA applications and allows execution of the .HTA application on the user's system without any user interaction when e.g. visiting a malicious web site.

The vulnerability has been reported in Internet Explorer 6.0. Other versions may also be affected.

Disabling Active Scripting support may prevent exploitation, but has not been proven.

For more inforamtion :

http://secunia.com/advisories/19378/

http://jeffrey.vanderstad.net/grasshopper/
    Parth Maniar,
    CISSP, CISM, CISA, SSCP

*Thank you GOD*

Greater the Difficulty, SWEETER the Victory.

Believe in yourself.

w00t....

ANOTHER example of a vulnerablity that will have no effect on a properly configured and secured system.

Yeah.... go d0ppy!!!!

Synja we all know that, the problem is that most people don't have their systems properly protected and are still using IE.

If everyone knew how to protect themselves the minute they buy a computer, what would AO be here for?

Synja we all know that, the problem is that most people don't have their systems properly protected and are still using IE.

If everyone knew how to protect themselves the minute they buy a computer, what would AO be here for?
    What's wrong with IE? If configured properly, it is not affected by this vulnerability, nor any of the hundreds of others we keep hearing about.

It's not Microsoft's fault that people are stupid. If you're going to spend upwards of a thousand dollars on a machine, wouldn't you be concerned with learning how to take care of it?

And one last thing. Most people here DO NOT know that. They're just as ignorant as the rest of the world.

a properly configured and secured system
    This topic has been discussed many times, and created lots
    of heat. When a normal consumer buys a PC, he expects it
    to be "internet ready". The irony is that, with its security zones
    feature, IE could be as good or better than Firefox on both
    security and functionality. Experience proves, though, that if
    it isn't set up right by default, few people will be able to
    secure it later. Maybe people should have to go to a "surfing
    school" before they're allowed on the net. Geez. New cars include
    brakes, turn signals and seat belts from the factory.
    I came in to the world with nothing. I still have most of it.

Originally posted here by Synja
    It's not Microsoft's fault that people are stupid.
    But it IS their fault stupid people own computers. "Easy to use Windows means you won't have to sit down with tech manuals and learn anything".... Lol, come on man you have to give me that much. Microsoft is the reason the PC exploded. That comment is both good and bad at the same time.

Personally I think Bill Gates is schadenfroh

ANOTHER example of a vulnerablity that will have no effect on a properly configured and secured system.
    Yeah.... go d0ppy!!!!
    What's wrong with IE? If configured properly, it is not affected by this vulnerability, nor any of the hundreds of others we keep hearing about.
    OK wise guy...............in the next seven days (and that is lots of time) I expect you to post a tutorial that joe public can understand telling them how to secure IE/Windows from how it comes out of the box.

"I see your lips moving, but you ain't sayin nothin"

Challenge issued

Originally posted here by Synja

It's not Microsoft's fault that people are stupid. If you're going to spend upwards of a thousand dollars on a machine, wouldn't you be concerned with learning how to take care of it?

And one last thing. Most people here DO NOT know that. They're just as ignorant as the rest of the world.
    you do hava a point, synja. I like firefox anyway though becuase of the layout and the extensions that you can donwload for it.
    there's always a way in...

Challenge issued
    I've already been working on it.

It will most likely be a pdf. I will host it on eightfootvagina.com fror everyone to download.

It will be within a week assuming I get enough time to do it. I have baby duties right now, and he won't let me put him down.(he's in my lap right now.)

Man if I had a baby..... Heh actually almost had a heart attack once. My ex said these words:

"Ummm, honey I'm late"....

Me: "Huh? No you're not you got here on time..."

"No no, I mean I'M LATE"...

Me: "OH MY GOD NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!"

2 weeks of chain smoking and drinking later:

"It came now, I went to the Dr and nothing was wrong"...

Me: "OH THANK GOD!".

If that would have happened though I think instead.... I need to say this, it's offensive as hell but everyone in my class laughed:

In my political science class we were talking about Abortion and laws about it. My teacher asked "What do you think would happen if abortion WAS made illegal in the US?"

Me, without raising my hand or thinking about it blurted out "Well coat hanger sales would sky rocket".

But in all seriousness I would have bought this:

http://www.cinderblock.com/wc.dll?We...93785637937856

http://www.cinderblock.com/wc.dll?We...93785637937856

Come on those are adorable and you know it.