Thread: *** HEADS UP *** Its IE again :rolleyes:

It was a joke.

Goddammit. None of us are funny today.

...ain't that the truth.
    “Everybody is ignorant, only on different subjects.” — Will Rogers

Banned
    /me looks at everyone's profile pictures, points, then laughs.

Yer fugly.

internet explorer: allowing your computer to browse the internet. and vice versa.

Hmm...theres something a little peculiar here. Oh i see what it is! the sentence is talking about itself! do you see that? what do you mean? sentences can\'t talk! No, but they REFER to things, and this one refers directly-unambigeously-unmistakably-to the very sentence which it is!

Banned
    Bleh... I'll never use a browser like firefox for the same reasons why I'll never use AOL even though the commercials told me its much better and safe...

or install linux because I blame MS software for my own ignorance and inability to do medial tasks with computers.

AO's MMA Fanatic! Computernerd22's Avatar
    And one last thing. Most people here DO NOT know that. They're just as ignorant as the rest of the world.
    Synja don't practice "security by obscurity;" that is, don't assume users are stupid. Some users are smarters than your assumptions.

people don't have their systems properly protected and are still using IE.
    I disagree. IE can be very secure if you configure it properly. Also, you cannot secure third party web browsers (mozilla/firefox) through GPO, Like you can with IE.

Also, some sites only work in IE. I use IE. My box is also secure like Fort Knox.

Synja don't practice "security by obscurity;" that is, don't assume users are stupid. Some users are smarters than your assumptions.
    You have to assume that users are stupid and will not use common sense. You have to secure to the lowest common denominator. This is in no way security through obscurity.

Notice I said "most?" If you disagree with that, you have an insanely ignorant and lofty view of our memebership. It was not all inclusive. Obviously we have some very good people here. They are still outnumbered by idiots.

Originally posted here by Synja
    You have to secure to the lowest common denominator.
    If you want to do that line all of your users up and kill them.

If you want to do that line all of your users up and kill them.
    Now THAT is a security tip....

Hell yea, most attacks are internal anyway. And you wouldn't need to worry about one of them being tricked into giving out info, and just think how fast Network problems would go away.... *Dreams*.