Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: blacklisted by BLARS!!!

Not alot you can do from a legal perspective. No one forces ISPs, users, corporations, or anyone to use these lists. He has posted that it is a use "as is" list and accepts no liability for the acuracy or validity of what he blocks. Blocking is "at his wim". Not much legal ground there. I would tend to agree with an earlier post to convince end users to use a more "reputable" black list. - but that is just my two cents worth.
    Chuck \"Spence\" Fasching
    Information Security Architect
    CCSA, CCSE, GSEC

Just for kicks, I sent an email to BLARS, but I got an error

Content-Type: message/delivery-status

Reporting-MTA: dns; mta9.adelphia.net
    Arrival-Date: Mon, 27 Mar 2006 13:58:41 -0500
    Received-From-MTA: dns; blue.localdomain (69.161.18.35)

Final-Recipient: RFC822; <abuse@blars.org>
    Action: failed
    Remote-MTA: dns; blars.org (64.81.35.59)
    Diagnostic-Code: smtp; 553 5.3.0 mail from spamming sites refused, see http://www.blars.org/errors/block.html
    The moron has the entire world blocked. i wonder if he gets mail from his mom.
    I came in to the world with nothing. I still have most of it.

I just had to pull up Blar's website...and boy did I get a kick out of it. First, his picture...secondly his "fetish" with The Naturist Society. Gross LOL.

I am with the ones saying to try and convince those using his list to find a more reputable list...that to me seems the easiest and cheapest way. He obviously blacklisted the entire world as seen by RCGreen's post.
    Sex is like \"Social Security\". You get a little each month, but it\'s not enough to live on.