View Poll Results: Do you think "Bing" will be the "Google" killer?

Voters
8. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes.

1 12.50%
  • No.

3 37.50%
  • Wasn't "Cuil" meant to be the "Google" killer?

4 50.00%

Thread: How many Final Four teams did you pick?

How many Final Four teams did you pick?

Well I got one right! LSU How did everyone else do in the office pool?

ESPN.com reports out of the 3 million bracket entries, four people actually picked the Final Four.

Undated -- According to ESPN.com, the Final Four looks nothing like the users of ESPN.com's Tournament Challenge predicted.

More than 1.5 million people participated and of the more than 3 million entries submitted only four, that's right, four, picked a Final Four including Florida, George Mason, LSU and UCLA before the tournament started. Over 66% of entries had none of the Final Four teams correct and better than 29% had exactly two teams correct.

As you probably guessed, George Mason is the team that busted the most brackets. The Patriots were picked in 1,853 entries to make the Final Four, with only 677 putting them in the championship game and only 284 predicting George Mason winning the national championship. UCLA, on the other hand, got the most support, more than 24 percent of all entries have the Bruins advancing to Indianapolis.

Users also paid dearly for pinning their hopes on the No. 1 seeds. Only 7% predicted a Final Four with none of the top seeds and just over 13 percent had a Final Four that did not include both Duke and Connecticut.

More interesting bracket tidbits from ESPN.com's Tournament Challenge.

Entries with one Final Four team left: 30%
    Entries with three Final Four teams left: 0.1%
    Entries with Florida in the Final Four: 11%
    Entries with Florida winning it all: 1%
    Entries with LSU in the Final Four: 5%
    Entries with LSU winning it all: .4%
    Entries with UCLA winning it all: 2%
    Entries without Duke in the Final Four: 37%
    Entries without UConn in the Final Four: 31%
    Full Story:
    The mentally handicaped are persecuted in this great country, and I say rightfully so! These people are NUTS!!!!

Good God How did LSU beat Duke. I picked North Carolina last year. I won that one.
    “The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.” - Martin Luther King, Jr.

As painful as it is to say this, being a big Blue Devil fan. Duke has had problems with "big" teams built like LSU this year. So I was not suprised to see Duke loose, but i was extremely dissapointed.

Anyone have a prediction for the run-up to the tourney championship? I picked UCONN to win the basket of goodies in my bracket. Since they are eleminated, I think LSU will take UCLA and go on to win the championsip. Ok there's my swag.
    The mentally handicaped are persecuted in this great country, and I say rightfully so! These people are NUTS!!!!

HAHA i got all four right . . . . . of course i did wait to pick my choices till after tha games but what can ya do.
    \"He who shall introduce into public affairs the principles of primitive Christianity will change the face of the world.\"
    Benjamin Franklin

I would have picked Duke all the way as well, but ho hum, would like to see Mason go all the way now, yay underdog's......
    PC Registered user # 2,336,789,457...

"When the water reaches the upper level, follow the rats."
    Claude Swanson