Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Moral Issue

Moral Issue

Is it morally right when a moderator deletes posts that aren't flame oriented, arguementative or even wrong. Everything stated in them is correct. I don't personally believe that spider is the best moderator. To use your moderator abilities to gaurd your own posts when they are bad. Is not only morally wrong, but it is also IMHO grounds for said moderator to be put on probation. I will keep the moderators name to myself. But, what is everyone elses opinion. Said moderator please don't delete this. It is within the regulations of AO to talk about this. You know who you are.

Well, you need to edit the post to remove the ID of the moderator you are complaining about.

If you have an issue with a moderator, you really should take it up with the management. I think there was a similar post with reference to the people who should be addressed on the issue.

Just a Virtualized Geek MrLinus's Avatar
    House929, if you think a post has been delete unfairly you can email either JPNYC or intmon.
    Goodbye, Mittens (1992-2008). My pillow will be cold without your purring beside my head
    Extra! Extra! Get your FREE copy of Insight Newsletter||MsMittens' HomePage

MsM I could, but I believe it will require the moderator to think more about it if another question about his moderator abilities is addressed. I don't really care about the posts. I care more about the moderator deleting them for personal reasons. SImply because they don't agree with their views.

Just a Virtualized Geek MrLinus's Avatar
    SImply because they don't agree with their views.
    Ok. I know you're trying to be non-specific about who you're talking about but I have to admit that I'm somewhat confused at this point. Who isn't agree with who's views? The moderator with yours? The moderator with their own?
    Goodbye, Mittens (1992-2008). My pillow will be cold without your purring beside my head
    Extra! Extra! Get your FREE copy of Insight Newsletter||MsMittens' HomePage

moderator with mine

House,

Why on earth are you beating around the bush. Stand up say your piece! Our skins around here are not so fragile that we would assume the fetal position in the corner, nor are we so shallow to result to reprecusions. If you would rather, if you have a problem with someone address it to them in a pm. If you think it's more appropriate to advise the admins, then do so.

I believe our moderators do a heck of a good job at taking out the trash. If a thread goes off topic or for any other reason they should take action on it, they have some choices to make. Either way Jup trusts them to make the correct choices otherwise they wouldn't be moderators. Just because I may not agree with their decision doesn't mean that it was the wrong one! It means that I didn't agree with it and I can address it with them.

But playing hid-n-seek is immature.

cheers
    Connection refused, try again later.

This is an issue that has to be brought up with either intmon or JPNYC.

I had a similar problem with the same mod. Even though I did not like the way that the problem was resolved, JPNYC did actually take some time to look into the issue, WHich is more than I expected.

I commend them for this.

Relyt I have learned in my extensive experience with AO. It is better to beat around the bush. This place has become really touchy on what you say in general population. So because of that, instead of just going on and blasting the situation. Beat around the bush and ask questions.

And reylt I have never been a coward. If I could be accused of anything that would not be it. Find out who I am and then judge my likely-hood to be a coward or hide in the corner.

Maybe I'm old fashion, but I don't believe you have to walk on egg shells in here whether you are the Whizkid or anyone else.

cheers
    Connection refused, try again later.