key logger
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: key logger

key logger

someone has downloaded a key logger on my computer, how can I access or delete it without the magic word?
    packrat

AOs Resident Troll
    How do you know you have a key logger???

What magic word???

MLF
    How people treat you is their karma- how you react is yours-Wayne Dyer

Hi,

Is this the logger you have:

http://www.free-keylogger.com/

If so then the default magic word is frklg, if they have changed it then it might give you a starting point to get rid of it at least.
    www.simpleits.co.uk
    www.tazforum.**********.com
    Google is god ....... of the Internet

would Hijack This work? I know that it will detect most any process running on the computer. By the way, I agree with morganlefay on asking "how do you know that you have a keylogger?"...
    there's always a way in...

also, have you tried a simple anti-malware utility? *ponders the situation* To accurately assess the problem we would need more information if you could spare it.
    there's always a way in...

Run Spybot and/or Ad-Aware, update your AV software and run that. Most keyloggers are detected by these apps. You might also try online AV scans.
    “Everybody is ignorant, only on different subjects.” — Will Rogers

Banned
    And, try Process Explorer from www.sysinternals.com. This will often show and kill processes that can't be seen or manipulated with other tools. Make sure you have the most current version.

Might try this too: KL-Detector

If you don't mind "manual labor", it'd probably find the log file. I gave it a short test drive, looks like a bit of work.

You might also go back to when you're troubles started and look for any recently-installed .exe's or .dll's. I do that sometimes when trying to root out spyware. Whatever you find, google the file name for more info. Don't delete stuff willy-nilly. Know what you're taking out.

Another possibility is to restore Windows (if you're running XP) to an earlier date.

HTH.
    “Everybody is ignorant, only on different subjects.” — Will Rogers

Banned
    It's is amazing to see how many people happily answer questions and help people when they have little if no information.

First WTF is a magic word.... And once again repeating morgan, how do you know you have a keylogger. Normally if at all written by someone intelligent they are hidden from you.

Are you getting excessive system slowdowns, added delay before your characters appear? Let me know something because from what you have said it could be anything from: "You are just paranoid" to "You processor is being overworked."

Banned
    Originally posted here by House929
    ... people happily answer questions and help people when they have little if no information ...
    Have you never seen Karnack the Magnificent? Actually, we use Tarot and other methods, as well as keyword searches. Mind reading was disbanded some time ago when the mind readers had to be institutionalized.

Google is your friend, and MLF is a hottie.

[Edit]
    Oh, yeah, I forgot about the magic Chihuahua ...