Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: 419's on MySpace?

Cool, just wanted to make sure.

I'm probably being stupid but how do they make money if they send money bills that are invalid, i don't get it ? The fine goes to the guy? or are they just out to mess people up ?
    -

AO Ancient: Team Leader
    Cemetric:

I dunno if there is even a possibility of catching him... But it might make his life difficult because he may have several "marks" going right now and to have his ID removed will cause him to have had a lot of effort wasted. Which is fine by me...
    Don\'t SYN us.... We\'ll SYN you.....
    \"A nation that draws too broad a difference between its scholars and its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards, and its fighting done by fools.\" - Thucydides

Ahhh... A reply...

Thanks [Name Withheld], anyway if you say so, been carefull is good but you should try to know who is who ok? everybody is not the same, i tried to introduce you to my private box cos i don't often check this myspace.com only ocational that i do check it, but nevertheless i'll try to remember to check it now from time to time ok?

Well, like you said boating, i must tell you this honest truth, i've once been there, i was once a mrine man, worked with a Canadian versel called Canadian Pioner, and honestly speaking all you have just listed are all i care for and things i like doing.

Anyway, i'm a born brit, and i only travell outside the country several times, but presently i'm working in my country UK. and i'm 41yrs old, i think i've told you that. and whatelse? i'm not married, though i was but my wife just ran away cos of one hopeless as hole....lol but i thank God i'm still leaving till date, that was how she went.

Sorry bout all this, but just have to let you know it. anyway i'll be waiting to hear from you soon, remain blessed till i hear from you again ove...lol
    I'll leave it till tomorrow to reply... Need to establish that she has a life... Certainly more than David seems to....
    \"A nation that draws too broad a difference between its scholars and its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards, and its fighting done by fools.\" - Thucydides

You'd think that if they're trying to pose themselves off as English they'd at least be smart enough to invest in a dictionary...or spell check their scams beforehand.

I don't care about spelling personally but if you're going to scam someone you'd think they would at least attempt to come off as legit. I've yet to see one of these even remotely come off as professional.

Eg

They call me the Hunted foxyloxley's Avatar
    I've yet to see one of these even remotely come off as professional.
    Yet they STILL work

god knows how effective they would be if they ever DO improve their diction and syntax :double eek:

[edit]
    I'm probably being stupid but how do they make money
    they will aim to get YOUR bank and personal details ..........
    then it's just a straight forward ID theft and account clearance
    so now I'm in my SIXTIES FFS
    WTAF, how did that happen, so no more alterations to the sig, it will remain as is now

Beware of Geeks bearing GIF's
    come and waste the day :P at The Taz Zone

Eg:

I said _exactly_ that to my friend... I could tell you I'm french but let's be honest, my crappy french isn't going to make a french speaker think I'm actually french... Duh...

Fox:

Yeah, they do... Which says a lot for the stupidity of so many... This wouldn't exist because it wouldn't be profitable if there weren't so many fools... On the bright side, my friend isn't dumb... She saw it as odd...

Did you see the item in SANS NewsBytes this AM about the four who were indicted in Brooklyn on conspiracy, wire fraud and mail fraud for their roles in email 419 scams? Their activity supposedly cost their victims US$1.2 million? Tell me they aren't successful. There's a fool born every minute -- wait, make that every second. That's the only statistic that can bear up the $1.2 million.

That is a lot of gullible victims, folks. You keep seeing the 419 scams on email and other places because they work. It doesn't seem to matter how badly they are written, or how obvious a scam they are. People fall for it all the time.

Tiger you never let me have any fun. Why oh why won't you let me get the email addy. I bet you I could get him to leave your friend and everyone else alone in a matter of hours.

Hmm... you know that would make a nice game. See who could convince a spammer, scammer, whatever... to leave someone alone in the least amount of time.

anyway... the easiest way to get guys like this to leave you alone is say " I am glad you are in love with me, because if feel your love so deep within me. I would like to meet, but first I must let you know. I am actually a man. My real name is Carl I am 5'2" 220 and I love candle light dinners with other attractive men. Please meet me, can I have your number. I want to talk to you, you make me wanna be a natural man." If that doesn't work... This is just one determined guy.

EDIT:

I didn't see the drag artiste thing...

As P.T.Barnum said to audiences to get them to leave so he could get the next paying audience in...This way to the Egress! " ( Exit ) People thought it was another event and would file out to see it.

"A sucker born every minute!"

Hi House929,

the easiest way to get guys like this to leave you alone is say " I am glad you are in love with me, because if feel your love so deep within me. I would like to meet, but first I must let you know. I am actually a man. My real name is Carl I am 5'2" 220 and I love candle light dinners with other attractive men. Please meet me, can I have your number. I want to talk to you, you make me wanna be a natural man." If that doesn't work... This is just one determined guy.
    TS did already do that...this guy doesn't care...which shows his true purpose.

I am actually a man.
    I dunno what it is in your book but a "drag artiste" isn't a girl in my book...

Dumbass...