Thread: For the Road Rage Fans

For the Road Rage Fans

Well, this just about says it all......now if you insult someone, they have the right to beat your head in based upon perceptions, well your lordship, it sure sounded like she said my p*nis was small, and well that's a da*n insult, so I pulled her over and proceeded to let her know that it is not small by beating her up....

Man not guilty in road rage assault
    By ERIC TLOZEK
    29mar06

A DARWIN man who grabbed a woman in a road rage attack has been let off because he thought he had been racially taunted.

Roy Francis Daye, 36, was found not guilty of aggravated assault in the Darwin Magistrates Court earlier this month.

Mr Daye admitted to grabbing the woman through her car window after stopping at traffic lights on McMillans Rd in Northlakes on July 20 last year.

The 28-year-old woman said she was bruised by the attack after being grabbed by her shirt collar.

But Mr Daye was cleared of the charge after the court found he had been provoked by allegedly being called ``a black c...''.

The woman, Leonie Baldwin, denied using the slur against Mr Daye as their cars drove alongside each other on the road.

Mr Daye, who was running late for a flight, said he had been boxed in by the woman and yelled out to her to let him change lanes.

He thought she said: ``f... off black c...'', before laughing and sticking her middle finger up at him.

Mr Daye's girlfriend at the time, Vanessa Dunne, said she had heard Ms Baldwin say the words.

But Ms Baldwin told the court she had an Aboriginal friend in the back of the car and would never use the phrase.

She told the court she had said to Mr Daye ``I'm doing the speed limit''.

``What's your problem?''

In making a not guilty finding magistrate David Loadman said the important principle was that Mr Daye, who is of Burmese descent and dark skinned, believed that he had been insulted.

``Because he so believed that insult was made to him the issue of whether it was or whether it wasn't is not critically important,'' he said.

Mr Loadman found Mr Daye was entitled to the defence of provocation.

Source

Mind you I am not comparing racial taunts with the size of body parts by any means, just being facetous.....
    PC Registered user # 2,336,789,457...

"When the water reaches the upper level, follow the rats."
    Claude Swanson

[Sorry small rant here (again)]

Yeah ...I get sick of people playing the racist card (No I'm not a racist) ... In my country (especially in the larger cities) it happens more then occasionally these days that people get called being a racist just because you don't seem to go along with their view of things ...

An example ... There was this group of young northern africans that harrassed this girl, now this went on for a while until the boyfriend of the girl yelled out to these aggressors (strong word maybe but anyway) to leave his girl alone, the next thing happening is these guys attacking him 6 against 1 ..pretty fair (according to the newspaper nobody helped him) .
    The thing gets pulled infront of court ... they get some fine for the damages they done to the guy and him not being able to work for a week, but get released and the charges get dropped because this guy had yelled something racist to his girlfriends' agressors ...

That's what sickens me ... these days you can't say anything anymore or it's called racist ... but when they call us names ...Well that's another story ...
    If somebody was attacking me or my loved ones, I would call him/her all kind of names and throw insults left and right ...why does it always turn out to be racist ... What's it all coming to.
    [end rant]

And just to be clear again ... NO ... I'm NOT a racist ..just get sick of this thing/word/title being used as a scapegoat for doing illegal/imoral/whatever you call it ... things

.C.
    Back when I was a boy, we carved our own IC's out of wood.

Soooooo.....I guess I can start assigning negative AP's in Cosmos when I feel that someone has offended me. And if the mods crack down, I can sue them for not allowing me to exercise my right to dish out my own justice. Hmmmm.... Hee hee hee hee hee.

Just Kidding of Course!
    The mentally handicaped are persecuted in this great country, and I say rightfully so! These people are NUTS!!!!

What would it matter if I called you a dirty mexi**** or a nigger. That shouldn't constitute violence.
    He thought she said: ``f... off black c...'', before laughing and sticking her middle finger up at him.
    Honestly, if you were to cut me off and say f-off you white cracker piece of sh!t and flip me off, I wouldn't give a ****. Sure I may flip you off also and say a few choice words, but I wouldn't stop and attack you through your window. And IF I did, do you think I would be able to get the charges droped based on my skin color? However, the courts hold a different standard since the guy is black. But if it had been a black woman who did the same thing to him, do you think he would still be able to get the same verdict?
    “The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.” - Martin Luther King, Jr.

I don't agree with either instance of harassment on the part of the minority or black, whatever person/people. Far to often mis-claims of racism are claimed and when it truely happens the guilty people are let free because it could be made up.

In the instance of the 6 guys beating up the one guy. It is racism if the first thing to come out of your mouth when someone is harassing your girlfriend is "Hey you Ni****" etc... I can eloquently say millions of different statements that will effectively grab someones attention without bringing in their race. So in that instance yeah... they were wrong, but the guy that remarked was also. Two wrongs don't make a right.

Now in the instance of the woman. I can't understand why the dude would first hit a woman. Second would get out of his car. If I am running late for a plane I don't care what you say my top priority is to catch my plane. As for him being let off because of suspected racial slurs. That is retarded. You shouldn't get away with a crime because you thought someone called you a name. Even if they did. Charge both of them with a crime and that fixes the situation.

Racism is becoming to broad and baseless these days. I like how in other countries it isn't as noticeable but, is still there. But, I wish it weren't at all.

Can't we all just get along. -Rodney King

Originally posted here by House929
    In the instance of the 6 guys beating up the one guy. It is racism if the first thing to come out of your mouth when someone is harassing your girlfriend is "Hey you Ni****" etc... I can eloquently say millions of different statements that will effectively grab someones attention without bringing in their race. So in that instance yeah... they were wrong, but the guy that remarked was also. Two wrongs don't make a right.
    Bah, that's the kind of thinking that gets people excused--like what just happened in this report. Speech is speech, and no excuse for any sort of physical violence. Anyone who feels the need to assault someone because they shot a single calous and ignorant phrase at them is weak and pathetic.

According to this, I would have been legally and morally correct in assaulting countless people on a daily basis for three years. While I have no respect what-so-ever for racists, I have no such sympathies with people too weak of a mind, will, or character to maturly, intellectually, or responsibly deal with them.

Next time I go back to Washington DC, I'll make sure I beat the next black or hispanic into submission that calls me, "Cracker, Whitey, Honkey, Vanilla, Dragon" or anything I find ethnically suggestive and offensive. We'll see how much sympathy I get.

The one thing I can be so greatful for though, is that the US is getting tired of the race-card, and has been so acclimated to racial issues that people arn't buying the BS anymore.
    \"Greatness only comes at great risk.\" ~ Personal/Generic

YOu know what Moo... When you live in america as I am many other people have you will understand. The equal stance is actually more of you are equal as long as you stay the **** away from me.

I never said it was right. If you would of been inclined to read my entire post or maybe even quote the entire thing you would of noticed that I said it was wrong in both instances. You don't beat someone's ass because they call you a name. You ignore them. But, someone calling you a name is also wrong.

And I really have a problem with people that find it necessary to say. "I am not a racist" Shouldn't that be assumed.

As for remote... Please kinder words have been said about dog crap.

Point being... if the first thing to come out your mouth when you have a problem with someone is you ......... then you are a racist. there is no way you can say you aren't.

Once again why I tend to stay out of cosmos. You will never change anyones opinion. You will only continue to re-stipulate what you have been saying.

Oh, really? I've never honestly heard anyone say anything kind of dog dung. I don't know what that statement was supposed to mean. If I've offended you, then.. WHOOOHOO!

"He who angers you conqueres you." - Elizabeth Kenny
    “The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.” - Martin Luther King, Jr.