Thread: Nmap&FireWall&IDS&Proxy

Nmap&FireWall&IDS&Proxy

Hi to all,
    I want to use nmap to scan my servers, but they aren't in the LAN. I have FireWall, IDS and connect to Internet through proxy server. The proxy is to that I can use its services on my laptop, but the nmap said that can't resolve the given hostname. I tried to give nmap external dns servers, but the results are the same. When I scan in the LAN there is no problem. I tried in mirc do /dns myserver.com, but the mIRC said that the name can't be resolved. Where is the problem. I use nmap 4.01 for winXP.
    BGDevS
    [gloworange]www.peaksoft.info [/gloworange]

Just Another Geek
    The problem isn't nmap related, it's the firewall/proxy that's in the way..

You need to read up on how nmap works, you might want to start with basic TCP/IP...
    Oliver's Law:
    Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

I read abou it. I tried do tried to scan with nmap with disabled firewall and IDS, but the result was the same. I found a tool (proxychain) to start nmap and other softs with proxy support, but it is for linux. I found such software for windows, but it hasn't console mode and I need to copy&paste the nmap command with arguments to start it. I need some sort of sockschains for winxp, but to be console. I work with linux, but now I can't use Linux. I love the console and with console you work more easy than the GUI
    BGDevS
    [gloworange]www.peaksoft.info [/gloworange]