Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: bypassing encryption password

bypassing encryption password

im using Encriyptonclick for some files ,i encrypted some photos and videos my fiance made for me ,i lost the password , is there anyway or any program out there where i can bypass the password or at the very least something that will run thru diffrent password combinations

Hmmm ... encrypting photos and videos your fiance made ... hmmm ... boggles the mind.

Anyway, you need to check the documentation for the software you are using. Depending on the approach used, a lost password often means that the data is no longer recoverable (short of going to the NSA). If the password or key is stored elsewhere on the hard drive and you didn't back it up, you might still be able to recover the data.

I wouldn't bring in third party tools until I thoroughly researched the software documentation, even contact the vendor/author first.

Of course, this all assumes that you knew the original password, and not just trying to get help breaking gf's codes. You wouldn't be trying to pulling our collective leg here?

i encrypted some photos and videos my fiance made for me
    Ask for copies?

Your problem is that you are using some weird application that uses God knows what algorithm and methodology. I doubt if there is anything out there that will help you, unless you know the details of the application and its functionality.

Re: bypassing encryption password

Originally posted here by romanticcowboy
    ...i encrypted some photos and videos my fiance made for me ,...
    You should post them up here, we should be able to decrypt them for you...

Re: Re: bypassing encryption password

Originally posted here by jcjzbrfay
    You should post them up here, we should be able to decrypt them for you...
    ummmm ummmm thanks for the offer but yeahh she would kill me lol

Sure, well joking aside, I am sure that you are aware that there are numerous encryption methodologies and security "systems" out there.

I guess your real question is how to find the password to the application, rather than crack the encryption? Now, as I have never heard of this application, and I doubt if anyone else here has, I don't have the vaguest idea how it works.

Again, if I had a hot fiancee, either the pictures would mean nothing to me, or I would be looking at them so often that I would NOT FORGET THE PASSWORD

Tell her that you "lost them in a reformat" and move on.

yup thats what im gonna have to do , thank you everyone

Originally posted here by romanticcowboy
    yup thats what im gonna have to do , thank you everyone
    What, lie to your fiancee? Lol - Nihil, you shouldn't be offering such dangerous advice - this cowboy might just end up with a sore, marked cheek in a couple of hours

Originally posted here by J_K9
    What, lie to your fiancee? Lol - Nihil, you shouldn't be offering such dangerous advice - this cowboy might just end up with a sore, marked cheek in a couple of hours
    You say that like it's a bad thing...

J_K9

Why do you think I am married to my third wife?

"The triumph of hope over experience" (Dr Johnson)

Romanticcowboy

Not only have I never heard of this software...............neither has Google:

Your search - Encriyptonclick - did not match any documents.