Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: smtp 25 telnet access

ah crap...your right! at work today no probs. when in hell did they start doing that...damme!
    Bukhari:V3B48N826 “The Prophet said, ‘Isn’t the witness of a woman equal to half of that of a man?’ The women said, ‘Yes.’ He said, ‘This is because of the deficiency of a woman’s mind.’”

AO Ancient: Team Leader
    Tedob:

Have you been wondering why no-one talks to you by email any more? That mailserver you have in the house is just a doorstop now... *giggle*
    Don\'t SYN us.... We\'ll SYN you.....
    \"A nation that draws too broad a difference between its scholars and its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards, and its fighting done by fools.\" - Thucydides

thanks guys, I did not come here for last few days.

when always can connect to port 25 through telnet, I am new, and I talked to our admin about possible risk, but he doesnt think there is any problem, he said:"I submitted our e-mail server to a relay test that and essentially what it does is this service tries to use our e-mail server as a relay. The results are below and it's negative."

The email from ORDB:

"This is an automatically generated email

The host you submitted at ORDB.org (68.146.204.228), has been thoroughly checked, and does not seem to permit relaying.

Please note however, that this may be caused by extreme delays at the servers end.

Should we at a later time receive one of our testing emails from the
    server you submitted, you will receive another email, telling you that
    the server is in fact an open relay. In that case, please disregard this
    email."

I dont think there is honeypot.

Originally posted here by Tiger Shark
    Tedob:

Have you been wondering why no-one talks to you by email any more? That mailserver you have in the house is just a doorstop now... *giggle*

and here i thought that i was doing such a great job filtering ;-)
    Bukhari:V3B48N826 “The Prophet said, ‘Isn’t the witness of a woman equal to half of that of a man?’ The women said, ‘Yes.’ He said, ‘This is because of the deficiency of a woman’s mind.’”