Thread: my doctor has diagnosed me with aol...

my doctor has diagnosed me with aol...

Some web pages work in IE when they don't in AOL (such as AO). I have tried to google this with no such success. (maybe I'm not searching for the right terms or I'm not going to the millionth page or something...) I have no clue as to what is going on, and it is becoming a pain in the butt.

the box is as follows:
    600MHz celeron
    256MB RAM
    56K internet connection

anything else you need to know?
    there's always a way in...

Probably a browser configuration issue. Check
    your preferences.
    I came in to the world with nothing. I still have most of it.

You should be able to get on AO with AOL. I did a while back on a friend's computer. Man, I thought if anything, this website wouldn't have any members that use AOL on a regular basis. I actually wanted to run a poll or something to show my friend that has it just how crappy it really is. I guess some people just get addicted to the services.

I guess some people just get addicted to the services.
    Most AOL users I know are parents and like the content filtering (as weak as it is).
    “Everybody is ignorant, only on different subjects.” — Will Rogers

Is there content filtering that good? I know a guy who has a wife that does nothing but chat online, probably will ruin their marriage in the long run. Well, she goes on AOL and wont let him switch over. I guess all her buddies are on AOL IM and she likes the AOL chat rooms.

I would usually set up my content filtering at the firewall of my router and in my browser. Well not my browser, but my little's nieces browser.

It's terrible, but AOL users don't realize it. The standard content filter only works within the AOL browser, not any of the other browsers. So it's real easy to get around.

And the other thing about AOL (or any other software for that matter) is folks do get used to it, and hate to change. They know the interface. My experience is most people don't want to spend a lot of time learning new stuff once they have their base usage down pat.

Trust me on this one;
    http://www.mozilla.com/firefox/

You'll never look back.
    With all the subtlety of an artillery barrage / Follow blindly, for the true path is sketchy at best. .:Bring OS X to x86!:.
    Og ingen kan minnast dei linne drag i dronningas andlet den fagre dag Då landet her kvilte i heilag fred og alle hadde kjærleik å elske med.

...I haven't looked back...I've even managed to reduce IE to an AV app.