Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: MB incompatible with suse 9.3 pro

Dammit, it didn't work.
    front2back: how did you get it installed, are you sure it's the same as mine?
    The second step on the way to become a hacker is to run GNU/Linux. (first step is to buy a computer)
    My old skewl http://www.skoz.nl/spelevaert/

Howdy.

I downloaded the 64bit version of suse10.0. As the 9.1pr0 version is only 32bit.
    go HERE and download 10.0, make sure that you select the right .iso to download.
    Eval DVD ISO image 64bit (3,6 GB)
    This is what you want to download.

And yes i am sure that it is the same mother board,
    GIGABYTE GA-8IPE1000
    it is a 64bit based Mb, therefore you will need to install a 64bit Os, only because if you install a 32bit Os you will recieve constants errors etc after you have forced the install..

<EDIT>
    You will need to burn the .iso to a blank DVD disc once you have downloaded it. I usually like to burn the .iso's at a low speed that way you are less likely to get errors on the disc.
    Then boot up the Pc boot from the DVD and just follow the prompts.

cheers
    f2B

Thank you, but my distro is 9.3 pro and it has a 64 bit version, and i just tried it and it hanged. And yes are you sure it's a GIGABYTE GA-8IPE1000 Hyperthreading rev 4.0?
    I really dont want to download another distro while mine works fine.
    One more thing, when the installation settings screen appears, where you can change partitions, booting, package selection, etc. in the system detection it says: system: unknown-unknown, instead of system: "vendor"-"model number" (of motherboard).
    but it does detect the processor and RAM.
    That happened in both the 64bit and 32bit installation. If SuSE 10.0 doesn't say that then it's worth a try.

--Thanks
    The second step on the way to become a hacker is to run GNU/Linux. (first step is to buy a computer)
    My old skewl http://www.skoz.nl/spelevaert/