Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Firefox plugins

Firefox plugins

I have found some interesting extensions for Firefox, but I haven't tried all of them out yet.
    See what you think of them

http://www.cerias.purdue.edu/weblogs...tices/post-22/

The whole list of extensions is also on the Firefox web site, but the extensions on the site above have some of the best.

The "add 'n edit cookies" extension is one of my favorites by the way.
    there's always a way in...

Gotta love ShowIP
    I came in to the world with nothing. I still have most of it.

Howdy.

Here's the commonly used firefox extensions that i tend to use.

DownThemAll! 0.9.8.7
    ShowIP 0.7.99.12
    Live HTTP Headers 0.11
    Add N Edit Cookies 0.2.1.0
    Fasterfox 1.0.3
    Tabbrowser Preferences 1.2.8.8
    Greasemonkey 0.6.4
    Anonymouser 0.3.1
    Cookie Button 0.8.4
    Cache Status 0.6.1
    Menu Editor 1.2.1
    Mr Tech Local Install 4.2.6
    Preferential 0.8.1
    Slim Extension List 0.3.1
    Web Developer 1.0.2
    Extended Statusbar 1.2.4
    Firefox extension backup extension (FEBE) 2.0RC3
    Google images Re-Linker 0.3
    Nightly Tester Tools 0.8b2
    Reveal 1.0.6
    + A few other ones that i'm building.

cheers
    front2back

Originally posted here by .:front2back:.
    Howdy.

Here's the commonly used firefox extensions that i tend to use.

DownThemAll! 0.9.8.7
    ShowIP 0.7.99.12
    Live HTTP Headers 0.11
    Add N Edit Cookies 0.2.1.0
    Fasterfox 1.0.3
    Tabbrowser Preferences 1.2.8.8
    Greasemonkey 0.6.4
    Anonymouser 0.3.1
    Cookie Button 0.8.4
    Cache Status 0.6.1
    Menu Editor 1.2.1
    Mr Tech Local Install 4.2.6
    Preferential 0.8.1
    Slim Extension List 0.3.1
    Web Developer 1.0.2
    Extended Statusbar 1.2.4
    Firefox extension backup extension (FEBE) 2.0RC3
    Google images Re-Linker 0.3
    Nightly Tester Tools 0.8b2
    Reveal 1.0.6
    + A few other ones that i'm building.

cheers
    front2back
    F2b, do you notice any difference running all these extensions in the performance of FF??, it's a wonder the browser doesn't freeze up on you, course that may have just been me and Noscript, found that to be stressful on the browser...
    PC Registered user # 2,336,789,457...

"When the water reaches the upper level, follow the rats."
    Claude Swanson

Greeting's

Well Noscript does tend to lead to a memory leak after a long use. I have noticed this because without Noscript firefox would show up arounf 70 -100 Mb but after 4 - 5 hours of use. But with Noscript its around 120 Mb.

But the release notes for 1.5.0.1 does say that they have fixed the memory leak.

But my system has never hung up. I also have symantec but I think its because of P-4 3.4 with HT and 2 GB DDR2 RAM (just love to say that)

PS : for all those who though I have a cool rig well no I have a Nvidia 5200 : 128 MB card (the frustration)
    Parth Maniar,
    CISSP, CISM, CISA, SSCP

*Thank you GOD*

Greater the Difficulty, SWEETER the Victory.

Believe in yourself.

Try these out:
    SwitchProxy (supports anonymizer)
    FireFTP (supports resume download)
    Tab Mix Plus (now includes Session Manager)

Peace always,
    <jdenny>
    Always listen to experts. They\'ll tell you what can\'t be done and why. Then go and do it. -- Robert Heinlein
    I\'m basically a very lazy person who likes to get credit for things other people actually do. -- Linus Torvalds

Howdy.
    F2b, do you notice any difference running all these extensions in the performance of FF??, it's a wonder the browser doesn't freeze up on you, course that may have just been me and Noscript, found that to be stressful on the browser...
    dalek i have had absolutly no troubles with firefox slowing up or crashing etc etc..
    I usually run more extensions then that but the one's posted are the most commonly used one's..

i've been able to keep the browser running smooth continually for 5days non stop once. I just had it refreshing 10 or more different pages at the same time, i turned the monitor off and came back 5days latter and it was still running smooth.

cheers
    front2back

Cool, I have never heard of some of these extensions, but it is reassuring to find that I am not the only one using some of these extensions. Also, have any of you used portable firefox? It takes a little bit to load (especially w/tons of bookmarks and extensions), but it is nice to take your personal browser settings with you.
    there's always a way in...

Originally posted here by Spekter1080
    Cool, I have never heard of some of these extensions, but it is reassuring to find that I am not the only one using some of these extensions. Also, have any of you used portable firefox? It takes a little bit to load (especially w/tons of bookmarks and extensions), but it is nice to take your personal browser settings with you.
    I use it quite often, espescially when troubleshooting user's PC's because of IE problems (BHO's)....have had no trouble's with the portable for loading up off of a USB Memory Key 256mb I use Scancruzer, works fine...

F2b.....Do you run your browser with JRE running, I have found that lately that when I go to post for the first time, it takes awhile for the Java panel to open, afterwards it's okay, may have something to do with the options Java and Java Script options being enabled as well as running No Script, can these conflict?
    PC Registered user # 2,336,789,457...

"When the water reaches the upper level, follow the rats."
    Claude Swanson

Howdy.
    F2b.....Do you run your browser with JRE running, I have found that lately that when I go to post for the first time, it takes awhile for the Java panel to open, afterwards it's okay, may have something to do with the options Java and Java Script options being enabled as well as running No Script, can these conflict?
    I have not had any conflicts what so ever, firefox loads up nice 'en quick for me, but i have messed around with the firefox settings to make it do what i want when i want.
    I've got it to load up within 2seconds now, so i click the firefox icon and it's loaded..

I guess you just need to fiddle around with the extension's and there various settings until you find your sweet spot.

cheers
    f2B