Greeting's

Okay guys I'm sure after readingthe subject most of you must have though there is no help for someone running a P2P software and my views are the same. No matter which P2P software you use, its always going to be a security rick (and a big one).

But the fact is my computer is not only used by me but also by other members of my family. My sister and some of her friends are coming for the summer here and WILL be using P2P software (they did the same last year).

I cannot fight with her and tell her NO but I just want tips on what I should to minimize the risk of running a P2P.. My computer will almost be online 24 hours and there is almost nothing I can do about it.

I have a windows XP home.

Following are some of the things that I have thought :

1. I can take a complete backup of ROOT drive and the other partition which has all the software's on it and just restore them after she's gone. But this will have lot of problem's and I'm not sure if I can do this. ( I can let her download in some other partition. I have 8 partition's. so I can take backup of the one where I have installed all the software's and the ROOT)

2. Take a MD5 of the entire system (I'm not sure how to justify this but the thing is I'm too afraid of what i going to happen to my PC )

I don't know any other way. I will of course give her a limited user account but that by no means will keep my computer safe.

Guys I really need help. Please throw in whatever you know.