Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Blank page when click on a link

Blank page when click on a link

Hi guys,

i need some help here. Currently i'm using yahoo browser and internet explorer but yesterday both of my browser r having trouble.

When i try to click to a link, a new window will open but it produce a blank page. At first i thought that there might be a problem with the page but then when i try another website, the same problem occur. Everytime i click on a link that opens up a new window, it produce a blank page.

i tried reloading it many times but still blank page.
    please help
    Thank u very much!

DO a scan with ad-aware and MS antispyware or spybot s&d (just google them, theyre all free)...try firefox and see if the problem occurs (since its know to be less spyware affected (getfirefox.com)...and report back to us...
    O.G at A.O

The computer may have lost it's connection to the net.
    Does the page show an error message? Are you sure
    it does this no matter what page you try to visit?

If it only does it on links that open a new window, your
    javascript settings may be too strict. Have you played
    with the security settings or installed a popup blocker
    recently?
    I came in to the world with nothing. I still have most of it.

Hi

After doing what ©opy®ight suggest, you should visit Spyware info merjin site and read his Highjack this tutorial and download the latest version, or go to this link http://www.antionline.com/showthread...hreadid=265440

Luck..
    PC Registered user # 2,336,789,457...

"When the water reaches the upper level, follow the rats."
    Claude Swanson

Is it still happening?

Have you tried right mouse clicking and selecting "open in new window"?

©opy®ight - when i used mozilla i can open a link in a new window but still it will produce a blank page when i use internet explorer or yahoo browser. do you know what's the problem? i done all the scanning using spybot but problem still occur.

rcgreen and nihil - when i open in a new window it produce blank page BUT if i open it in a new tab the page contents appear. Again when i use mozilla foxfire there is no problem opening a link in a new window. any idea what's the problem?

Hi,

It sounds like some sort of script handling problem, probably Java. You can get the latest version here:

http://www.java.com/en/download/index.jsp

You will need to review your IE settings (and Yahoo!?) to use Sun's Java.

Also go into <tools> and <security> in IE and set it to "medium" (don't forget to review your settings afterwards )

Good luck

EDIT: I forgot to ask, are these ordinary web pages or ADOBE PDFs?

its ordinary web pages, for eg the link you gave me above. Normally if we click that link a new window will open and it will direct us to that page. But my internet explorer just produce a blank page.

i already have that version of java and did reset all the setting, but still no luck.

i'm very confuse, as why mozilla has no problem opening this link but IE has the problem.

Originally posted here by nikyas
    its ordinary web pages, for eg the link you gave me above. Normally if we click that link a new window will open and it will direct us to that page. But my internet explorer just produce a blank page.

i already have that version of java and did reset all the setting, but still no luck.

i'm very confuse, as why mozilla has no problem opening this link but IE has the problem.
    Sounds to me that your IE browser has been highjacked and is being "redirected"...Home Page Highjackers

Read some of this....Beginners Guide, how to avoid Browser Highjacking .....

Also some malware will get into your HOSTS file and place redirects...
    Clear Your HOSTS file

Luck
    PC Registered user # 2,336,789,457...

"When the water reaches the upper level, follow the rats."
    Claude Swanson

The reason I asked about Adobe is I came across a similar problem a while back caused by a corrupt update.

Are you running a pop-up blocker or advert blocker?

Have you updated IE recently?

I would try setting your IE security to "low" and try a trusted site, otherwise look at all the scripting options and set them to "prompt" and try a site that gives you the problem.

Otherwise you might have a corrupted IE? repair instructions are here:

http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=318378

dalek I thought of that as well, but he says he gets a blank page, which is not what they normally do?

Try clearing out the cookies, cache and browser history, that sometimes works