Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Blank page when click on a link

Okay

Is it strictly speaking a "blank page" or "about Blank" page, the first is easily fixed by setting a home page or choosing one of your favorites, the second one could very well be CWShredder How to Remove both can be confusing....

To set your home page go into internet options, it should show you a window where you can set your home page, and if you look there is one there that when set will open at about:blank (use Blank)(can cause confusion about highjackers) it will then load as about:blank in the URL and show a completely white page, but even so you should still be able to open from your favorites, if you can't this leads me to believe it's a redirect of some sort???

If you are able to use another browser then your internet settings seem okay, like nihil mentions go ahead and clear out your cache and cookies.

What version of IE are you using, do you have the latest security patches for it, you can go and download the newest IE7 Beta (it's beta so be wary)...and this may fix the problem...IE7 Beta Preview

Oh just had another thought...check your "proxy settings" sometimes when I don't want users to use IE, I will set a phony proxy address, and each time they try to access the internet, they get a blank page...go to options/connections/lan settings, and see if there is an IP in the proxy server settings.
    PC Registered user # 2,336,789,457...

"When the water reaches the upper level, follow the rats."
    Claude Swanson

i'm only using the pop-up blocker provided by IE.

i dont remember the last time i update hehe. do you guys have any link where i can download the upgrades?

i'm not sure where i can look all the scripting options. Can u guys teach me? sorry but i am totally a beginner!

dalek.

my home page is fine. It's just when i click a link from any homepage ( for eg. the link you gave me regarding IE7 Beta preview) a new window will pop up but it produce blank page, nothing written at all. I try to refresh it but still blank.

Plus the wierd thing is when i right click the link and click 'open in link a new tab' (using yahoo browser) instead of 'open link in a new window', the page load fine in the new tab.

You might try pressing the control key (Ctrl) before clicking on the link. If that works then it is the pop-up stopper.

To get to the settings in IE:

<tools>
    <internet options>
    <security>

You might also try this:

http://www.techsupportforum.com/inte...ew-window.html

nihil

i tried it but no luck

i just discover new thing. when i try to click a link in my gmail account. its said that a pop up blocker prevent me from seeing this page. however when i closed all my pop up blocker, i still received this msg.

do i have a pop blocker that i dont realise??

weird huh?

do i have a pop blocker that i dont realise??
    It is possible, Windows XP SP2 ships with one that runs out of IE. If you have Yahoo! you probably have their toolbar added into IE..................it has a pop-up blocker, as does the MSN toolbar. You should only have one of them running at any one time.

Have you tried the IE repair function yet?

Try opening Gmail with Firefox, if you don't get the message that suggests that it is your Yahoo!/IE configuration. If you do, then you must have an AV or firewall that also is set to block pop-ups.

Here is some info on Pop up Blockers in Yahoo/IE

Luck..
    PC Registered user # 2,336,789,457...

"When the water reaches the upper level, follow the rats."
    Claude Swanson

nihil,

i'm quite stuck when i tried to reinstall IE. i cant find the IsInstalled (REG_DWORD)

dalek

i have already switch off all the pop blocker, but still no luck

no problem opening link with firefox though

The sequence should be something like this:

<start>
    <settings>
    <control panel>
    <add/remove programs>
    <change or remove programs>
    <Internet Explorer>

You should then select the "repair" option