Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Using I-Slack

Danke. I actually use some of those. I don't hate LiveCDs, I just prefer to install. I keep a copy of SLAX, WHAX, and the FreeBSD Live CD around just in case. And I of course have PHLAK here too. Did you check out Islack / NetSecL? You won't have to give up like you did on Detuxx Lol sorry.

I'm thinking of making a CD of my own. Make it a mix of SUSE and Slackware, but loaded for mainly networking and Security.

I haven't tried that one yet but since you recommend it.. I'll check it out!
    It looked very interesting from the thread, but, contrary to you, I prefer LiveCDs ;-)
    Definitions: Hacker vs. Cracker
    Gentoo Linux user, which probably says a lot about me..
    AGA member 14460 || KGS : Trevoke and games archived

cool tools

I found another ultimate livecd called Trinity Rescue Kit (TRK). Features here. I would be a little worried about some of the features in the wrong hands, especially the winxp username/password change because while we're all human and forget passwords from time to time, it could easily be used maliciously (although boot passwords would render you immune). Also, the winxp partition clone tool is of questionable legality.

Despite this, I love the fact that I now have decent data recovery tools free, as I cannot afford professional ones.
    Cereal: Eaten at all times of the day.

Why worry? That's like worrying about a knife. In the hands of a Dr it can save a life, in the hands of someone else, it can take life.