Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Network to local? is it possible?

Question Network to local? is it possible?

Heres the jist of it.

Dell laptop: Lattitude D610 running XP pro SP 2.

On start up, the laptop takes me to the login area, as it should. At home I try to login and it gives me this error...

"The System could not log you on. Make Sure your user name and domain are correct, and then type your password. Letters in passwords must be typed using the correct case."
    I have the the username and password. Yet I cannot login... Is it becuase I am not connected to network? I think so...

So the tricky part is, how would one be able to access the laptop from home without being connect to the network? If there is a way to have this done without having to drag it to work. Please let me know. How am I suppose to enjoy my newly purchased laptop on vaction if i cannot login?

Please lend me your brains in this one.

Thanks for reading.

I'm not sure if this is.....

Are you trying to log into a Network without a Network connection?.... If you do this, let me know, I've always wanted to watch the TV in my room while I'm at school without bringing it.

haha, man... I guess i am trying to log into a network without a connection.

How can I take it off this network mode?

How can i access this laptop?

well if you have your laptop setup in a domain system then you need to check the box that says "log onto this machine locally"

If you are in a domain environment at work then the above that I said is most likely what you'll need to do.

Thats really the only way that I can think of where you cannot log in to your computer when not at work.
    =

I have no options... Just shutdown okay and cancel... Is there a boot utilty that can overide all of this?

At the login screen, (I'm assuming it's not auto login)
    Hit Ctrl-Alt-Del twice in a row.

That brings up the options to non-graphically login and it also allows a choice box to log into your domain network or just a local login (which is what you want).

Enjoy!
    ZT3000
    Beta tester of "0"s and "1"s"

Thats a no go. cntrl+alt+delete does nothing not even 2 times in a row

Gore,

There is a product like that, as you've requested. I've seen it but can't remember where. I'm not sure of the access/bandwidth restrictions of your school.
    If I find that info again, I will forward it to you.
    ZT3000

Then the problem IS: your network policy restrictions are way too tight.

Try booting into safe mode, by tapping F5, after BIOS screen (white words) appears but before Windows moving bar shows up. See if the Ctrl-Alt-Del works there or if you can get on at all.
    ZT3000

So when you first boot up your computer you get to graphical login page?

It has your name that you click on then type in your password I assume.

You might try it again...press ctrl+alt+del but do it rather quickly.

Like do that twice within a couple seconds.

YOu can even press it more than twice...you want to get to a screen that brings you to a windows 2000 type of login where you have to type in your username, and password instead of clicking on your name.
    =