Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Advanced stupidness

Just like every other thread on this site. This has been drawn from the original point so much that it can't even be suggested what it was about.

MLF first, you have the right to do whatever you damn well please. You're grown. If you want to install a keylogger while wearing a pirates hat flip flops and a I love Bill Gates t-shirt by all means.

Second, you must not be an irc go-er. It was a reference to the stupid stuff that is said in IRC channels.

Negative, I never once said children don't need to be protected. Infact I said the exact opposite multiple times. I said I don't think they should be as over-protected as they are.

AO Senior Cow-beller
    I think you need to get over yourself. This is "Cosmos", ya know.
    "Data is not necessarily information. Information does not necessarily lead to knowledge. And knowledge is not always sufficient to discover truth and breed wisdom." --Spaf
    Anyone who is capable of getting themselves made president should on no account be allowed to do the job. --Douglas Adams (1952-2001)
    "...people find it far easier to forgive others for being wrong than being right." - Albus Percival Wulfric Brian Dumbledore

AO Senior Cow-beller

...back on track

Source
    Alamosa Cop Arrested for Sex Crimes

Alamosa Police Officer Brian Rod Desizlets is facing charges of sexual exploitation of a child, unlawful sexual contact, and promotion of obscenity to a minor.

Authorities say the investigation began when a mother in Pennsylvania found sexually-explicit photos on her 15-year-old daughter's computer. Pennsylvania authorities contacted the Colorado Springs Police Internet Crimes Against Children Task Force, after finding the source of the e-mails was a man from Alamosa, Colorado.

Authorities say the 15-year-old girl thought she was talking to a 17-year-old boy, meeting in a chat room last summer. Desizlets is 27 years old. The investigation found sexually-explicit photos and e-mails from both the victim and accused.
    This embarasses me. But it goes to show that Law Enforcement Officers are people too, and they have their "bottom 10%" just like any other group or social cross-section of a society.
    "Data is not necessarily information. Information does not necessarily lead to knowledge. And knowledge is not always sufficient to discover truth and breed wisdom." --Spaf
    Anyone who is capable of getting themselves made president should on no account be allowed to do the job. --Douglas Adams (1952-2001)
    "...people find it far easier to forgive others for being wrong than being right." - Albus Percival Wulfric Brian Dumbledore

AOs Resident Troll
    Just like every other thread on this site. This has been drawn from the original point so much that it can't even be suggested what it was about.
    And who pulled it off topic in the first place

with this

Is it morally right for parents to bug their computers to see if their children are endangering themselves online?

MLF
    How people treat you is their karma- how you react is yours-Wayne Dyer

Zencoder, that isn't the best way to entertain a statement. If you were to of said something intelligent I might be moved to actually take time to say something to you that would entertain, enlighten or something. But, besides that. If you are going to reply please refraun from starting sentences with statements that would probably start an arguement.

I really would like to stay away from them.

And MLF you sad version of flaming is kind of scary and utterly horrific.

Originally posted here by House929
    Yea, three pages of little girls and children on the internet, I can see why you're confised *Sigh*.

2 pages all the second page was about you and mlf's daughters. They already have a claim to fame at such a young age. They have been talked about on a website. I wonder if daddy is proud.

Children have to be protective against these predators they know how to lure a child.

I have 6 kids all together 4 girls 2 boys. 3 daughters are married and have kids of their own

The other 3 are 12,10, and 8 each have their own computer with parental controls and it will stay that way until i see fit.

it's just like when they walk out the door i gotta to know where they are.
    I had to google 'jfgi' to see what it meant. The irony is overwhelming.

Yes cdkj

Immature people tend to see this as some sort of "civil rights" or "one law for the rich, one law for the poor" issue.

What it actually is, is that there is one law but the weaker members of society need more protection than the strong.

Children are more susceptible to sexual perverts; old folks are more susceptible to phishing and fraud?

If you want to look at this, take a "demographic tree diagram" take the values for each side (male & female) and add them together to give you a single sided tree. Now, rotate it 90 degrees so it is on its side. Get rid of the irrelevant data (those too young or old/infirm to operate a computer).

Divide the result into quartiles like in a "normal" or Poisson distribution. The outer two quartiles are probably the most at risk?

This is why I subscribe to the Economist; nit seems you cannot trust anyone in your own country, regardless of what it may be. External viewpointrs are aalways detached and generally logical, despite biases that may intercede. This is only a minor sacrifice I may in order to sort out facts from [propogada and misinformation.,
    \"Greatness only comes at great risk.\" ~ Personal/Generic