brightstor backup software

Thread: brightstor backup software

brightstor backup software

hello, i'm having a problem here with brightstor software.

I have a TAPE drive DDS3 and 5 TAPES 24GB. I have something like 18GB of information to backup up.
    Once the backup starts he always formats the tape, so im sure that he have enough space to backup the data.
    But when he is at 95% he stops and askes for another TAPE, im sure that 24GB TAPE his enough because its only 18GB of data, if anyone had already this problem, and find a solution, could you share with me?
    Thanks

Many tapes show the number of data you can store if all the data is compressed at a 2:1 ratio. Are the tapes 12/24GB or 24/48GB. Just a thought.

Gel.

you mean then can be 12GB but when compressed they can hold up to 24GB?

Correct, most tapes come with two numbers on them. The first is usually the number that the tape can hold uncompressed. When the data is compressed they can theoretically hold twice that number. Thus most tapes are listed as 12/24 or 24/48 or even 100/200 depending on the tapes you buy. I don't know of any tapes that have ever gotten a complete 2:1 ratio of compression though. My guess is that yours are 12/24 and they are only compressing somewhere around 1:1.5. So you can either put in another tape or buy bigger ones. Or I could be completely wrong and it could be something with the software. But the tapes seem to be the most likely suspect to me.

GEL

ok, thanks... i will give it a try :P

My Best regards