Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: power and no boot

power and no boot

Sup ya'll it's been awhile, but another hardware prob,computer wont boot, it's a emachine model 2646, and it has a power button on the front, asa soon as i connect the power cord to the back the power button lights up but i get no power it seems anywhere else, no fans or power supply fans nothing? hmmm confused and it's a customers lol, tryed a diffrent power supply and got the same, i get nothing on the screen at all and it's onboard video, all i can guess is onboard video gone?? going to look to see if i have a spare card around for testing while i wait for post thanks ya'll

AOs Resident Troll
    If the fans on the board arent running....then its probably the board

seeing you swapped the power supply already

Ensure that you have the power supply properly connected to the board

MLF
    How people treat you is their karma- how you react is yours-Wayne Dyer

yeah i plugged another supply with the same results but it's strange shouldnt i get beeps of some kind for the board to go bad and thatnks for the quick reply

AOs Resident Troll
    No...its the board that beeps at you telling you no video, no keyboard etc....

If the board is fried...it cant beep...

If the fans dont run..it is not getting\handling the power supply properly.

MLF

cool

cool man going to go with board prob then, thanks alot

AOs Resident Troll
    Well...it could also be the power switch.....not connecting and initiating the power supply....may want to check that out before trashing the whole thing

Sorry..not familiar with the hardware..dell??

the board is not getting power for some reason....

MLF

Howdy.

?Maybe the new power supply has killed the board when the power cord was connected. Was there like a spark noise when you connected the power cord?
    A wierd smell coming from the board?

cheers
    f2B

I agree with Morgana~

It is either the switch or the board, but I don't know that hardware either.

Take a look at the switch, you may have to "hot wire" it. Also look to see if the switch has a small glass fuse in its circuit to the MoBo...................OK I haven't seen one of those in ages, but it is just possible?

You say that the power button lights up? that tells you that power must be reaching the switch, if I understand you correctly.

They call me the Hunted foxyloxley's Avatar
    You say that the power button lights up? that tells you that power must be reaching the switch, if I understand you correctly.
    if the power sw light is coming on, then it implies that the sw is OK
    as the wiring would be such that the light is connected AFTER the switch
    otherwise the power light would be on as long as a power cord was plugged in

I am inclined towards Morgan, and would ask / suggest that if you have access to another PC or Mo/Bo that you play part swap to find what, exactly, is not playing fair ........
    so now I'm in my SIXTIES FFS
    WTAF, how did that happen, so no more alterations to the sig, it will remain as is now

Beware of Geeks bearing GIF's
    come and waste the day :P at The Taz Zone

Hey Foxy~ I see what you are saying mate, but I have seen them where the I/O switch button lights up, but you don't get power to the box until you actually trip it............sort of like an "all in one" standby indicator?

If the switch is faulty in that situation, you would get the symptoms described.