Thread: Blocking Netsupport School

Blocking Netsupport School

Im relatively new to this kinda stuff, so cut me some slack Our schools using a program called Netsupport School to spy on what anyone is doing at any time, with full rights to lock your keyboard and mouse while they check what youre doing. I dont feel this is fair at all, and we should be able to block this. After doing some research, I found that the program uses ports 5405 and 5421, both udp and tcp. Is there a program I can run on the computer that will block any incoming attempts on these ports, or even better, disable the program? Theyve tried to disable people getting into the C drive and whatnot but you can get there with certain programs. Any help would be great.

AO Ancient: Team Leader
    Thye do this for a reason that you are either not sufficiently intelligent to understand or not mature enough to be able to comprehend the consequences of your actions...

Drop it, delete the thread and run like hell...
    Don\'t SYN us.... We\'ll SYN you.....
    \"A nation that draws too broad a difference between its scholars and its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards, and its fighting done by fools.\" - Thucydides

Too late.

SLAP!

Bad user, bad, bad!

The school has the right and responsibility to manage and protect the network and computing environment as it sees fit. Circumventing or disabling the monitoring or management processes the school has in place can get you in some serious trouble.

Check the acceptable use policy you likely signed or agreed to, or the student handbook for the guidlines for acceptable computer and network behavior.

TS: When will they ever learn?

That was very restrained of you Tiger~

SpikedCola just consider what you are asking/proposing. If you do anything like that you will immediately stand out like a sore thumb and bring the administration down on your head like a ton of bricks.................remember it is their system not yours, and they make the rules.

Take a read of this:

http://www.netsupport-inc.com/resour...%20Indepth.pdf

It will tell you everything you need!

There is a way to do it, and blocking or killing the process is not the way as it will attract immediate attention.

The way to do it is to monitor for the process and spoof it with false information so the admin sees what you want hiom to, not what is actually happening.

That would take a considerable amount of knowledge and skill, but I would expect that the software will not be protected against that approach. You would still have the problem of loading your "spoofware" without admin rights