Web programming question...

Thread: Web programming question...

Web programming question...

I'm looking to get into, and going to school for web programming. I was wondering what a good place to start was. I'm interested in creating "web 2.0" apps and also cutting edge websites with lots of intergrated functionality such as media, spread sheets, automation of downloads and updating and lots of other things/ideas to make the user experience easer. I was thinking of learning java first but i heard that ist's not a good language to learn first as it is to simplified for learning the basic fundamentals. Any ideas?

AO Ancient: Team Leader
    I apologize for having nothing to offer... But I think this would be a reasonable observation regarding your post....

It seems to me that you want to become a spyware writer... everything you list is exactly the skill sets one would want....
    Don\'t SYN us.... We\'ll SYN you.....
    \"A nation that draws too broad a difference between its scholars and its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards, and its fighting done by fools.\" - Thucydides

Well, it depends on what you know. If you don't know anything about web development. I would suggest you start with the basic fundamentals.

- How the HTTP protocol works
    - (X)HTML
    - CSS

Then you can look into a programing language to generate HTML and so on. PHP is poppular.