Thread: Anybody tried the new D-Link SecureSpot?

Anybody tried the new D-Link SecureSpot?

...been awaiting this one with baited breath. D-Link's been pumping it since the beginning of the year and it looks interesting. Certainly affordable, hopefully easy-to-use for homes and soho's. It's started shipping this month. I'm curious if it lives up to the hype.

http://www.pcmall.com/pcmall/shop/de..._id=pwbfroogle
    “Everybody is ignorant, only on different subjects.” — Will Rogers

ya it sounds impresive alright. I wonder what the firewall feautures will be like.
    I have to say im a little skeptical, but lets wait and see.......

Hey Hey,

I've never seen the device and don't use it... but I encourage everyone to join me in a boycott of D-Link products... I have none in my house and will never have one now.... I encourage everyone to stay away from D-Link and select alternatives...

My reasons?? -- This: http://people.freebsd.org/~phk/dlink/

Peace,
    HT

Originally posted here by HTRegz
    Hey Hey,

I've never seen the device and don't use it... but I encourage everyone to join me in a boycott of D-Link products... I have none in my house and will never have one now.... I encourage everyone to stay away from D-Link and select alternatives...

My reasons?? -- This: http://people.freebsd.org/~phk/dlink/

Peace,
    HT
    This is the first I've heard of this NTP issue with D-LINK. Though, I must say... that was really shitty of them to include a "hard coded" list of NTP servers without the ability to update it. Only the informed really update their firmware... You can't rely on the user. Even M$ got it right by pointing to a domain name in which they change the actual server at will.

Anywho, I second the "boycot". I've had nothing but issues with D-LINK and their products. To their product support, to their buggy firmware, to their overheating devices, etc. I will NEVER again purchase a D-LINK product.

I beleive we've had this discussion many times before. Searching AO alone should fine many "bon't use D-LINK" type of threads.
    Quitmzilla is a firefox extension that gives you stats on how long you have quit smoking, how much money you\'ve saved, how much you haven\'t smoked and recent milestones. Very helpful for people who quit smoking and used to smoke at their computers... Helps out with the urges.

--sigh--

...so little time, so much junk...
    “Everybody is ignorant, only on different subjects.” — Will Rogers

Blast From the Past
    personaly... id look for an exploit with dlinks ntp firmware... and have ur ntp server screw over all dlink products that try to update from it...

of course they would come after you after the buy out the judge and lawyer...
    and also many other ppl who are innocent are without there dlink product.. none of them are aware whats going on or why...

but that would still be a great smack in the face aimed at d-link
    work it harder, make it better, do it faster, makes us stronger