Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Forget repairing virus infected systems, says MS security manager

Ah, but its always possible to use the box as a boat anchor after you've gone through and "Destroyed the data" Just put the sides back on the old 386, and it won't fall apart or rust through for the next 30 years... Even then most of the case will still be there and useful. (unless you prefer salt water).

I have layers upon layers. And I have to jet today and look at a PC I kicked off the domain last night. Now I don't mind going out to an office full of nice young ladies mind you. Tech support passes me some luser who's PC is rebooting with a little jingle playing. SO I have web filtering, fire wall scanning, email scanning once on the server, then again on the PC. Antispyware with MS and McAfee, Snort, On file access scanning and some **** that ties in with each NIC card and watches packets along with others stuff scanning all sorts of things. You can't keep up with all the friggin patches flying all over the place. Even with automated patching systems and dedicated heads to record and check things, stuff goes unchecked and lurking. But without all that money time and effort, the network would be unusable. "I didn't infect my pc." "Um since when have you heard windows play little jingles like that? Every time before black screening and shuting down?"
    West of House
    You are standing in an open field west of a white house, with a boarded front door.
    There is a small mailbox here.