Thread: CHASE2006 - Conference on Hacking & Security

CHASE2006 - Conference on Hacking & Security

Pakistan’s first conference on Hacking & Security is being organized. It will be the first ever conference of its kind. The conference will be held in Lahore in the mid of December this year. We are currently looking for talented people who would be interested in organizing this event. We are constantly being joined by organizations and individuals, but we believe that there is a world of talent out there. So, if you have been into the computer underworld in any way or have been working in digital security systems, it’s the right time to join the right force. We are looking for talented organizers as well as good speakers. If you have been using someone else’s tools and calling yourself a hacker, please drop the idea of coming to CHASE2006. We, in no way need scrip-kiddies/lamers. Please contact only if you have adequate knowledge of computer underground / security and have been working like a professional team member in the past.
    We are looking for sponsors, speakers, web designers, finance managers, set designers, hi-end animators and graphic artists. If you think you can contribute to this event in any way, please fire an email or call us today.

We prefer to have people with blackhat/whitehat hacking experience who have worked in different underground groups. It can include hardware/software hacking. In-depth knowledge of networks, programming and other digital systems will be highly appreciated.

We are online at www.chase.org.pk

Please do not mail to the official chase emails. We are taking regional requests at this time. Following is the contact for Islamabad, Peshawar and Hazara region.

Taufeeq Elahi

University of Engineering & Technology, Taxila
    taufeeq@esiuet.org
    GSM : 0304-5001195

PAPER TOPICS

The topics on which your work can be based upon (BUT IS NOT LIMITED TO) are the following :

Trojan development, worms, malware, intelligent agents, protocol exploits, application security, web security, database hacking, privacy issues, criminal law, civil law, international law/treaties, 802.11X, bluetooth, cellular telephony protocols, privacy, identity theft, identity creation, fraud, social implications of technology, media/film presentations, hardware hacking, embedded systems hacking, smartcard technologies, credit card and financial instrument technologies, surveillance, counter-surveillance, *****peer technologies, copyright theft, critical infrastructure issues, physical security, social engineering, DoS attacks and corporate espionage.

Greeting's

We prefer to have people with blackhat/whitehat hacking experience who have worked in different underground groups. It can include hardware/software hacking
    Have/Are all of the organiser been/still a part of such underground group(s) ?
    Parth Maniar,
    CISSP, CISM, CISA, SSCP

*Thank you GOD*

Greater the Difficulty, SWEETER the Victory.

Believe in yourself.

not really. but we prefer to. actualy , we looking for a good/expereinced team.. who know how things in this world go. its not a must, we have a few guys with us who are professional programmers and never been into hacking or any such groups... but still there with us.

AO's MMA Fanatic! Computernerd22's Avatar
    If you have been using someone else’s tools and calling yourself a hacker, please drop the idea of coming to CHASE2006
    Sounds like an open invitation for script kiddies. Tools, you mean programs such as: nmap, metasploit, snort, squid, nessus,retina?

If you have been using someone else’s tools and calling yourself a hacker, please drop the idea of coming to CHASE2006

Read this whole line once again. How is it an open invitation to script kiddies. "please drop the idea of coming to CHASE2006"

If you have been using someone else’s tools and calling yourself a hacker, please drop the idea of coming to CHASE2006.
    Heres why:

How is it an open invitation to script kiddies.
    I'll explain. Script kiddies use pre-packaged 'hacking tools,' that they download from the internet to do their hacking. Also, script kiddies are 'not' computer programmers. They cannot code therefore, has no idea what the code actually does.

Then they download these so called 'hacking tools'/ 'scripts' and run them against vulnerable machines without even knowing what the actual computer code does. Then when their done, they think' that they are hackers, when in fact they are not.

IMO real hackers create and distribute their own hacking tools. Also, I don't know to many people that 'calls' themselves hackers. They sure in the hell don't let anyone know.

I don't know about you, but I don't like everyone knowing my business.

BTW, www.esiuet.org = You give away WAY to much information. I did a simple 'WHOIS' query for (shits and giggles) of course, heres the ouput:

Registrant Email:taufeeq_elahi@yahoo.com
    Admin ID:dsite-186459
    Admin Name:Taufeeq Elahi
    Admin Organization:CIIT
    Admin Street1:COMSATS Institute of Information Technology
    Admin Street2: Plot # 30, Sector H-8, Islamabad
    Admin City:Abbottabad
    Admin State/Province:NWFP
    Admin Postal Code:22010
    Admin Country:PK
    Admin Phone:+92.03335036206
    Admin Email:taufeeq_elahi@yahoo.com

Banned
    Give him a break - he's trying to get something going, and I'm sure you wouldn't go telling the organizers of similar US events that they're script kiddies...

Taufeeq > There was something on BugTraq the other day about PakCon III (December 2006, Pearl Continental Hotel, Karachi) - http://pakcon.org/

Give him a break - he's trying to get something going, and I'm sure you wouldn't go telling the organizers of similar US events that they're script kiddies...
    I'm not busting his balls nor do I call him a script kiddie. I said

Sounds like an open invitation for script kiddies.
    IMO. But I understand what your saying.