Thread: college

college

I am going to bear my soul for once. I am going to be honest and actually ask for help. I am in school I need to find some scholarshiips, grants or something to keep my ass in school. There are a lot of smart people here. I am sure someone has heard of something around somewhere a scholarship that your job offers to anyone that applies. Something... I don't care if it might be a wild goose chase. I need money for school.

Please omit anything dealing with fastweb, staford, pell, plus, mgib. I have looked at all of those and needless to say I either have them or I can't get anymore.

Anyway... give me all the info you gives have.

P.S.

If anyone needs any scholarships let me know. I Have looked at over 2000 scholarships and 800 grants. Please if you need something let me know. I can probably match you with something.

Sorry to hear about your situation, but I'm assuming that you already have Financial Aid, and student loans, have you put into consideration transferring to a less expensive school? Did you apply for the Microsoft scholarship for students studying Computer Science?
    WARNING: THIS SIGNATURE IS SHAREWARE PLEASE REGISTER THIS SIGNATURE BY SENDING ME MONEY TO SEE THE COMPLETE SIGNATURE!

Are you employed? Does your employer offer any kind of tution reembersement? I was able to get college credit through an independant study while I worked. There are always third party loans also, check with your bank, fannie may, etc.
    kr5kernel
    (kr5kernel at hotmail dot com)
    Linux: Making Penguins Cool Since 1994.

Re: college

I'm extremely sympathetic to your issue, as it is one of my own; but I don't think I can help you beyond cliche advice. Being a middle-class white male, there is not alot of scholarships or grant money available for me. Luckily, I started working around the age of 12, and knew the virture of saving it. Plus, I just recieved a 2.5k grant from my old HS that I used to work-study as an Assistant Network Engineer for. I recommend such simular programs.

Right now the only thing keeping me in college is a 1k loan to cover my rent for the summer. It took me 8 months to find a cheap place walking distance from campus, and the same duration to get a great job(s). After nearly 8 months of searching for both, I just about gave up. However, last week I found an apartment for 275/mo, got a job at the ER in the hospital (5min from campus), have now been offered a management technician position at our Student Union, plus a2.5k grant all drop in my lap within a span of 5 days. 8 months of brutal trying, less than a week of sudden pay-off.

My only suggestion is to do exactly as I did while having a loan carry you for a tiny bit. Remember, when you don't have a job; your job is to look for one--fulltime.
    \"Greatness only comes at great risk.\" ~ Personal/Generic

Hoopy Frood
    Have you submited a FAFSA? http://www.fafsa.ed.gov/

- X
    "Personality is only ripe when a man has made the truth his own."

-- Søren Kierkegaard

Hey Hey,

Have you thought of applying for one of the Google Summer of Code projects??? It's a decent way to get some money and it's coming up again shortly...

that's about all I can think of though....

Peace,
    HT