Thread: LanGuard

LanGuard

Is there a network scanner for Linux that is anything like GFI LanGuard?
    I have nmap and nessus and hydra, but I'm just looking for a discovery tool with a gui that comes close to languard.
    Any sugestions?
    You can\'t squeeze cheese from a goat before it\'s hatched.............

Opps.......I didn't mean to include Hydra in that list. Damn merlot is going to my head.
    I'm guessing samba will do what I want but even with the lisa deamon started the LAN browser isn't responding.
    Mabey I'm not being patient enough..........
    You can\'t squeeze cheese from a goat before it\'s hatched.............

Nessus is probably the closest thing you'll find to Languard. Both are more than scanners, they're really vulnerability assessors.

For scanning, it's hard to beat nmap. Just learn a few switches. I use it on both Windows & Linux.
    “Everybody is ignorant, only on different subjects.” — Will Rogers

Master-Jedi-Pimps0r & Moderator thehorse13's Avatar
    NMAP has a GUI front-end (nmapFE). Visit www.insecure.org and you can grab the tarball or the RPM.

Agreed. Nessus is a beast. Seeing that you can write your own NASLs, it is exceptional. There are two GUI interfaces for Nessus too. One for *nix and one called NessusWX which runs on windows while your scan engine runs on *nix.

Good luck.

--Th13
    Our scars have the power to remind us that our past was real. -- Hannibal Lecter.
    Talent is God given. Be humble. Fame is man-given. Be grateful. Conceit is self-given. Be careful. -- John Wooden