Office 2003

I've got a WIERD one to throw at you guys this morning. I'm absolutely baffled and at a dead end. Several of the techs here, including my supervisor, have all tried to help me on this, and we just can't resolve the issue -- mainly because it makes not a lick of sense!

One of our clients is using Office 2003, and in his Outlook, he has a signature and V-card he uses. Emails default to HTML, and uses Outlook's own discretion to decide which format to send email in for each recepient. The same sig/v-card configuration is used for both new messages and replies/forwards. It's supposed to look something like this:

Sender's Name
Sender's Title
Company Name
Address Info
Telephone Info

All lines are done ini Arial, as in the example above. Also, the default font for messages is Arial.

Except now, when he writes a new message, suddenly it looks like this:

Sender's Name
Sender's Title
Company Name
Address Info
Telephone Info

The first line is in Times New Roman all of a sudden. Default font for new messages is Arial, font for sig is Arial...so where did Times New Roman come from?!

Try to reply/forward, and all sorts of crap starts changing depending on the the message being replied to/forwarded. Font changes, font size changes, bold/itallics change -- it just varies from one moment to the next.

So I've tried all sorts of stuff. I've tried removing Word as the editor -- no luck. Tried changing all messages to plain text -- only fixes the problem for new messages, not replies/forwards. At least with using plain text, when it changes the font, it changes the font for the whole sig, so at least it's uniformly screwed up -- but even still, the font's still changing on its own despite it being configured to plain text.

Here's a really wierd example. In one case, I tried doing a forward of a message in his inbox, and suddenly the sig changed to look like this:

Sender's Name
Sender's Title
Company Name
Address Info
Telephone Info

The first line hasn't changed this time, but the SECOND has changed to Times New Roman. All lines before and after it are still Arial. It's almost as if Outlook is randomly choosing lines and changing the font. So I figured since it's a forward of an existing message, perhaps the formatting of the original message caused the problem -- checked, and the original message was written in Tahoma...so where in the world did Times New Roman come from?

Is there anyway to explain all this? Any solution so that I can get this guy's signature all in one font across the board?