Originally posted here by The Texan
Outlook isnt in my programs list but, I dont think its uninstalled totally because you know sometimes if you go a website and it has the email for the person posted on the site eg: mailto tyler@nothing.com if i click the link there it brings up the person's email address in outlook express even though i dont use outlook

HT: When I lock my pc all it says is " 2 programs running" nothing about messages but I do know what your talking about because I have seen that message before. and btw im not quite sure what windows has as my default mail client.
You're default mail client will be whatever opens when you click on a mailto: link... That's why you see it open when You click on an address even though you never user it...

As for not seeing it right now... that's quite possibly because you've read the mail in hotmail... Unfortunately it's buggy and not always perfect... They'll be plenty of time that I'll read my email at work and lock my computer and it'll still say I have two unread messages.... but yeah no need to freak out... it's just a poor implementation of a poorly written feature ... Microsoft made something that wasn't the greatest and Firefox implemented it and made it slightly worse heh...

Peace,
HT