Thread: Core Impact

Core Impact

I was wondering whether any users had experience of using core impact penetration tetsing software.

We have purchased a copy of the latest version and have started using the software in house to test our servers.

--8lgm

We considered purchasing it here, but didn't want to try to take on that massive bill! We have been using Metasploit with Nessus for some time. Recently we decided to take on BiDiBlah. It is an interesting tool that seems to do what CoreImpact does... but it's free... at least the crippled version is.

-Deeboe
    If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.
    - Sun Tzu, The Art of War

http://tazforum.**********.com/

Ok

I have been using version 5 for about 4 months ... it doesnt support freebsd at the moment although there are plans to change that in the future... the updates from them is very good and consistent.

I have used languard tool as well for vulnerability assessments, not to impressed with the software had a few problems for which support couldn't supply answers:

I have also used nessus as well as metasploit and agree they are good tools as long as you run the msfupdate command :-)

I have recently completed my CPTS course in devon and the course was really cool gained alot of knowledge as i am moving from forensics over to pen testing .

We recently purchased it, but its still in testing and hasn't been implemented yet to do client network scans. Currently were still using Nessus to scan our customers networks.