Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: desktop icons and taskbar took very long to load

hm..
    i thought i did the run before.

anyway , it does not work for this time too.

Is this your personal computer? I mean, do you own it?
    For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.
    (Romans 6:23, WEB)

nope.this is a office computer

But it was in good state for few year.

Originally posted here by samueltoon
    nope.this is a office computer

But it was in good state for few year.
    Hmm,
    Well, if it was a computer I owned, I would probably due a System Recovery. But, if this is a work computer, I would not do that without the permission of my boss.

I'm sorry, I don't know what else to do to help you. Maybe some of the other people here who know a lot more about Windows can advise you.
    For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.

alright. thank for your help anyway.

system restore will make the programs /software in the computer to be not workable right?

System Recovery basically reinstalls the system files and other software that came originally with the computer when it was first bought. Any programs that were installed later would have to be reinstalled. Any data files created by users after the original installation should not be lost with a non-destructive System Recovery. System Restore is something else.

However, do not do either one of these without permission from your boss and/or whoever takes care of computers where you work.

Btw, have you reported the problems with your computer to your superiors? If so, what have they told you?

Oh, and you're welcome for whatever I have done Mostly, all I have done is Google searches to find what people smarter than me have to say about these problems

i see

i reported to my superior.he told me the softwares and the data is only in my computer.Therefore, a system recovery is a no to them.

Okay...System Recovery and System Restore are two very different things...I didn't see where you actually did a restore, or last known good configuration..

2 things you can do...

1. A "System Restore"...
    System Restore monitors system changes and saves the system state as a restore point. If a system problem develops as a result of a system change, the user can return the system to a previous state using the data from a restore point.
    Applications and the system can create restore points when system changes occur. System Restore also creates checkpoints every 24 hours of absolute time. In addition, users can create manual restore points at any time.
    * System Restore does not restore user data or documents, so it will not cause users to lose their files, e-mail, browsing history, or favorites. System Restore is also made available to users in safe mode, making it easier for them to restore their computers to a state before problems occurred. Note: restoring a system from Safe Mode or from the Command Prompt an Undo restore point will NOT be created!
    System restore Guide

2. A WinXP "Repair"...
    A Repair Install will replace the system files with the files on the XP CD used for the Repair Install. It will leave your applications and settings intact, but Windows updates will need to be reapplied.
    How to Repair WinXP

I would recommend you try the first option, each time you do an install or update for Windows, a System Restore point is usually created if "enabled", you may be able to go back as far as 90 days, check these restore points out and pick a date you think may be okay...usually before these problems started.

The second option is also better then a recovery, as it will, with the aid of the CD correct or repair any registry files or keys that have become corrupted or missing.

Lastly, what version of Coldfusion are you using? Manual Uninstall of Coldfusion not sure what version your's is but macromedia do have instructions on how to remove .

Also recommend you get Startup Control Panel and remove some of your startups.

Once everything is back in place, suggest you get Windows Defender and remember to keep your PC up to date....
    PC Registered user # 2,336,789,457...

"When the water reaches the upper level, follow the rats."
    Claude Swanson

Here's a link to
    Windows Installer

Nevermind, it needs validation which you won't be able to do on your computer.

I would check if this is a valid copy at Check me for a valid XP

I have a possible fix for your downloading problem and will post it if I can find it among my files.

Edit: You have a few things I see going on in your system. You are using msconfig (which you should set back to "normal startup"), reboot, then you should run another Hijack This. Your system is constantly swaping to the harddrive because the combination of low ram (256) and too many memory eating programs running on startup. Also you seem to have an infection that runs on startup, that at first I thought was a P2P program. I saw all of this and more from the scan log you posted. Added to all this, I'm sure your out of date Norton is scanning files as you open, move, use them, and that really slows things down. Only a complete uninstall of Norton will cure that. uYour system could use a defrag and you should run a scandisk prior to defrag.
    And you should clear out your internet temp files cause you probably have a gazillion in there, which does affect IE and computer performance.

So.... I cannot possibly write out all the steps you need to take here, I'd lose my job, It'll take so long. Perhaps some other souls on this board can take it from where I left off.
    ZT3000
    Beta tester of "0"s and "1"s"

okie i try it on monday.

As the computer is in the office.

Btw System Restore and repair , will they make my program un-able to run?