Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: qry

Talking qry

i have een question im trying to figure out how to get the internal ip's in a network

my ISP only gives me 1 ip adres zoo we have to buy a router if a want internet at more then 1 pc

i have all my card's at dynamic so my router is giving ip internal adres

i was wondering how to i get the internal ip's if i know the external adres

i tried scanning with nmap and other scanners but i cant figure it out

connection

Modem ----> Router ----> 1 PC
    2 PC
    1 Laptop

i was wondering how to i get the internal ip's if i know the external adres
    You ask this kind of question on your first post?

You already know your external address, no?
    AND
    You already know your internal addresses, yes?

So what's the problem?

But if you are trying to scan someone else's internal IP from outside their network.

Well then, move along.
    ZT3000
    Beta tester of "0"s and "1"s"

lol i dont really like to post useless reply

and it was just a example so you get the point

i'm trying to pin point a workstation

I am sorry if I do not understand your question. This sounds as if it is a small private network?

1. Your ISP gives you one IP address externally?
    2. You have a router that is assigning dynamic internal IP addresses?

In that situation, you should query the router I would have thought, as It should know what addresses it has currently assigned.

You will probably need something to cap/allocate bandwidth between the connected machines, also you should check your contract with your ISP . The reason I say that is that many of them prohibit home networks unless you have an agreement with them and are paying for the service.

i and a fellow student are beginners at testen en penatration of network soo we are testen and trying stuff out but i cant bypass his router we both have a workstation where there are noo updates no firewall and no antivirus

i want to know if there is a way that ik can pin point his workstion without he telling me the internal ip

Hmmmm,

1. What operating systems are we using here?
    2. Do both machines connect to the same router?
    3. Is this internal or via the internet, as you mentioned an ISP?

This is not my field of expertise, but you mention machines that are unpatched and unprotected. You should NOT connect those to the internet in my opinion.

they are only connected when we are testen

OS winxp

router dunno

isnt there a scanner when i type the external ip than he scan he whole network and publish all internal scanned ip

Just Another Geek
    Learn how TCP/IP works and you'll be able to answer your own question..
    Oliver's Law:
    Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

isnt there a scanner when i type the external ip than he scan he whole network and publish all internal scanned ip
    ........................yes, and they are the sort of tool that the script kiddies who now "own" your computers would have used.

If you connect an unpatched and unprotected computer to the internet for even 5 minutes it will not be your computer, it will be a part of someone's bot army .

I would recommend that you both format your hard drives and reinstall your operating systems.

I would suggest that you go away and put a lot of effort into reading and research on the subject. Whilst you are doing that you need to gain far more knowledge of how the internet works, how networks work, what hubs,switches and routers do, what a server is and does......................and so on. Then you need to find out about the software.

As for your research, get three old machines, some NIC cards etc and set them up as Server, client#1, client#2. Then experiment to your heart's content. Do not attempt an internet connection it is totally unsafe.

Oh! and whilst I am at it, let me warn you not to try this sort of thing over the internet. As you obviously don't know what you are doing and have a lot to learn, you will only find yourself in trouble, and there is no way that the authorities/ISPs will believe that you are nothing other than a script kiddie who deserves to be punished.

Try the connection wizzard. that comes with XP.. follow what it tells you to do.. if you want to connect up to the inernet you can configure it from the wizzard .Read directions carefully for your choices of how you are connecting to the internet.. and again.. don't connect to the internet without software that will protect... else go ahead and reformat after your computer is taken over.. and then reinstall your op system and apps if you don't care about that... laptop same thing unless it is wireless. Use wizzard again and configure.Once you are configured properly ,then you can find him in your ,"my network places".I am not going to tell you how,but it can be done.You have tools on board via your op sys.
    If Knownledge is power,then would total knowledge be total power and who would be a god or a lesser?