Thread: Cellphone Spam

Cellphone Spam

I know this could to the Phish/Scam forum too but since its a cellphone topic i figure this could be a good place too....

So i get a message today from 501......the message is as follows....

Mohammed@workpump.com /wow u Won /You Just W0N a Complete S@tellite TV System ! Call 8009239037 Right Now Claim your Prize use Ref Code 1Cpi

I wouldnt reccomend anyone calling that number to find out whats on the other end...just warning a few people if they get the same message, i texted a friend of mine and she got the same message an hour earlier...we're both T-Mobile customers....It's pissing me off cuz i get enough spam in my spam section of gmail...now the cellphone too....i gotta set it up to deny messages from unkknown users if i can...anyways, just a friendly warning so people dont fall for this...
    O.G at A.O

Not sure how viable this idea is... but I, like many others, pay for a certain amount of allowed texts a month... and if you go over that limit, its around 5+ cents per text, which as you can imagine, can add up VERY quickly if you aren't paying attention (been there - paid that).

With the introduction to unwanted spam via cell phone, you now have some a-holes using up some of your allotted text messages a month. It's seemingly miniscule at the moment thankfully... but for how much longer? Granted, some people involuntarily will invite/bring this upon themselves by writing down/submitting their cell number in various marketing related forms either on paper or online... But there are a monstrous amount of others, like myself, who are extremely selective to who their number gets issued to. I don't see why we shouldn't pressure our cell providers to take more action in preventing the spam.... or at minimum, providing us with some sort of compensation (and by this I don't mean monetarily, rather... maybe providing us with bonus texts, or something along the lines). -Just a thought-
    %42%75%75%75%75%72%70%21%00

So, CopyWright... when do you expect you will be seeing that Satellite system arrive on your door?

Let us know if its rocks... am sure there are some peeps here in the forum that can hook you up with a nice DSS card to compliment your new system.
    %42%75%75%75%75%72%70%21%00

Mohammed told me it should arrive next monday with a complimentray 6,750$ cellphone bill by calling the number.
    O.G at A.O

I also have a T-Mobile pre-paid mobile phone. Thankfully, the only spam I got was from T-Mobile itself (win, win, win, big prices!) and Club Nokia (you really still have a 8110? no, I've even switched to Sony/Ericsson).

When I called T-Online to stop spamming me, the Agent first told me: Yeah, no problem. Give me your password. I gave her my password. She told me: Oh, you have a pre-paid mobile phone. Cannot stop those messages. I've asked her again and all of the sudden it went ok.

She seemed a bit angry with me for some reason though. Later, I didn't receive any spam any longer...

Eyecre8 you said that you only get an alotted amount of texts per month, thats crazy, what sort of plan is that on?

im in australia and have never heard of such thing.

Modderfokker, some plans here don't even offer unlimited messages, in Tmobile ( my provider) you can choose from 300 messages around 4 $, or 1000 messages, 10$, or unlimited messages for 15 $ a month. Verizon or Sprint doesn't provide unlimited i think....
    O.G at A.O

hi all,
    i came across a tip to block spam on T mobile systems. As i cannot try this method myself so i am posting it and let us know if it works,

On T-mobs website you can choose to filter text messages by wildcard addresses or flat out BLOCK all incoming email messages sent to xxxxxxxxxx@tmobile.com simply by choosing to block all emails sent to this phone.
    source: http://www.consumerist.com/consumer/...pam-168639.php
    Excuse me, is there an airport nearby large enough for a private jet to land?