running an exploit?

Thread: running an exploit?

running a exploit?

Ok this is probably a really dumb question, but i just wanted to ask!

how do you run exploits from say from:

http://www.milw0rm.com/ or http://www.milw0rm.com/exploits/1606 or securityfocus.com (as an example)

thanks

You would have to download the code then compile it. Google for more info
    meh. -ech0.

Banned
    Download the code and compile it. You made need to edit the source code in order for it to work.

Well done Nixx for repeating Ech0!

Superted (lol!) you may first have to find out what language the program is written in to ensure you get the right Compiler!

However given the nature of the type of site you are downloading it from and given you obviously don't have a lot of experience with Source Code - are you sure you want to down load, complile and run a peice of code that is on an exploits web site without being able to understand it first and see exactly what it does?

The exploit could in reality be against you on your machine and not against what ever it says it is!

Something to think about is all...!
    Drugs have taught an entire generation of kids the metric system.

http://tazforum.**********.com/

Master-Jedi-Pimps0r & Moderator thehorse13's Avatar
    I always love questions like these, especially from those who have a post count of about 2.

Lemme put the sign up again in case folks missed it on the way in.

Don't feed the bears.

--TH13
    Our scars have the power to remind us that our past was real. -- Hannibal Lecter.
    Talent is God given. Be humble. Fame is man-given. Be grateful. Conceit is self-given. Be careful. -- John Wooden

pretty simple to do. Just download a compiler I like GCC and then hammer away. If you dont know how to do that i dont think that you should be messing around with exploits of any kind. But whatever where i live it is a free country.

But Ranger Smith... Boo Boo Seemed so nice and that Yogi was a tricky one
    Duct tape.....A whole lot of Duct Tape
    Spyware/Adaware problem click
    here

Hmm maybe install active perl onto your windows box and play with the source code, and also do some research on prospective targets. like Operating System they are using, last reboot etc etc.

but you sound like a skiddiot so the source and instructions would be useless, as you lot tend to only know how to use the point and click type exploits.

f2B

Originally posted here by ech0
    You would have to download the code then compile it. Google for more info
    Just like ech0 said but in order to do that you will need to learn to program so you can understand how the exploit code works and edit it then compile the code into a working program.

So for you to better understand how the code works you are going to need to learn to program.

Also pick up some books and search the internet for "Buffer Overflows", a good book on buffer overflows is "The Art Of Exploitation".

EDIT:

but you sound like a skiddiot so the source and instructions would be useless, as you lot tend to only know how to use the point and click type exploits.
    Also the reason you are getting negative comments like this is because antionline is a security website educating its members on securing their systems not teaching "how to hack" / break into systems, just thaught i would point that out.

Cheers