Thread: Putty Problems

Unhappy Putty Problems

Here's my problem, I recently went through an office move and moved from one vlan to another (Ip address change). Now most of my system have come back up but I can't 'putty' into my Linux servers anymore. When I try I get the warning message that talks about the certificates and I click yes to update the cert. I get to the log in screen, type the userid & password an get an "Access Denied" message. I have tried to delete the Reg Key and installed the latest version of putty, still no access. I had my buddy try it form his machine (on the same vlan) and he gets logged in no problem.

My OS is Win 200 pro and the target OS is Fedora Core3.

Any Ideas gang?

Cheers.
    DjM

Tried cranking up your logging in PuTTy to see if you are getting any error messages?
    There is only one constant, one universal, it is the only real truth: causality. Action. Reaction. Cause and effect...There is no escape from it, we are forever slaves to it. Our only hope, our only peace is to understand it, to understand the 'why'. 'Why' is what separates us from them, you from me. 'Why' is the only real social power, without it you are powerless.

(Merovingian - Matrix Reloaded)

Master-Jedi-Pimps0r & Moderator thehorse13's Avatar
    You may also want to remove the key cache in the windows registry. I had a similar issue and clearing the registry out worked for me.

HKEY_CURRENT_USER->Software->SimonTatham->PuTTY->SshHostKeys.
    Our scars have the power to remind us that our past was real. -- Hannibal Lecter.
    Talent is God given. Be humble. Fame is man-given. Be grateful. Conceit is self-given. Be careful. -- John Wooden

Thanks for the replies gang, but I got it fixed. It was a freaking networking issue. When I tried to connect, it was going out on the internet instead of my internal LAN. Tweaked a few things in the TCPIP config and poof....all is fine.

Thanks Again.

Cheers.
    DjM

Originally posted here by DjM
    Thanks for the replies gang, but I got it fixed. It was a freaking networking issue. When I tried to connect, it was going out on the internet instead of my internal LAN. Tweaked a few things in the TCPIP config and poof....all is fine.

Thanks Again.

Cheers.
    Owie, that doesn't sound good at all
    There is only one constant, one universal, it is the only real truth: causality. Action. Reaction. Cause and effect...There is no escape from it, we are forever slaves to it. Our only hope, our only peace is to understand it, to understand the 'why'. 'Why' is what separates us from them, you from me. 'Why' is the only real social power, without it you are powerless.

(Merovingian - Matrix Reloaded)