I was listenin to some music on my computer and I get an error saying "unable to write to D" (my music drive), but I think NOTHING of it and just shrug it off and continue to listen to music. But I kept getting an error, so I got annoyed (to say the least) and reboot, assuming it was probably an error with my extra slow/old computer and my 3-4 day uptime.

When I restart I decide to go back to listen to my music and winamp skips through the songs since it couldn't find any of them. At this point I still maintain my cool and decide to go check out the D drive. Start > Run > D:...."Could not find..". I'm paranoid at this point and go to my computer and I do NOT see the D drive in my computer.

No biggie I thought to myself..nothing a system restore can't fix...boy was I wrong. It said it can't restore the D drive because it was either excluded from system restore point monitoring or was turned off or removed. (quoted from the error).

I checked device manager, and my D drive IS still there..and at the moment I'm really really annoyed at Windows. Can someone PLEASE help me get my HD back (and if possible my songs?) :-/