Thread: “U.S. remains spam king...”

“U.S. remains spam king...”

Surprise, Surprise, Surprise..

The latest spam report from Sophos shows that the U.S. remains the spam capital of the world, but China is now a close second.

...U.S. is still in the top spot, sending 23.1% of all spam from January to March 2006. However this is a dramatic reduction from two years ago, when the U.S. sent out over 50% of all spam.

Source
    Connection refused, try again later.

Yeah read this at BBC earlier, good article...notice the standings eh!

1) United States - 23.1%
    2) China (inc. Hong Kong) - 21.9%
    3) South Korea - 9.8%
    4) France - 4.3%
    5) Poland - 3.8%
    6) Spain - 3.3%
    7) Germany - 3.0%
    8) Brazil - 2.9%
    9) Japan - 2.0%
    10) United Kingdom - 1.9%

The only time I don't mind(Canada) being behind France on any list...Lol...dubious eh!

Well.... figure at the rate China is going they will soon top it for sure, I am surprised that the Soviet Union (Russia) is not on there, you would think they would be in the top ten at least with all of the crime going on over their....(unless Poland is their Proxy Lol..)
    PC Registered user # 2,336,789,457...

"When the water reaches the upper level, follow the rats."
    Claude Swanson

Go USA!!! #1, again! ^_^

I posted this a while back...this is updated every three minutes...and...
    This map shows (in semi-realtime) ip addresses that are currently sending the most spam to Mailinator.
    http://www.mailinator.com/mailinator/map.html
    Mailinator:Spam Map

Ok, are the US and China #1 and #2 because they have the most compromised boxes? Actually, I'm pretty sure this is the reason. I read a thread somewhere about China having so many compromised pcs.
    For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.
    (Romans 6:23, WEB)

The reduction in outgoing spam from the U.S. is largely attibuted to work by ISPs and the infamous CAN-SPAM act. Spam has traditionally originated from large ISPs, however spammers are increasingly using compromised systems in the form of botnets to send out unwanted email. Spam is also frequently used to send out phishing scams and other various types of illegal activity.
    I just thaught that i would add that most of the commercial spam i see is from the U.S and most of the phishing spam i see comes from china so these results dont surprise me.

Anyone interested in SPAM information might want to see this site link
    For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.
    (Romans 6:23, WEB)

Thanks for the site Preacher.