Friendly security

Thread: Friendly security

Frustrated Mad Scientist

Friendly security

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/4942818.stm
    http://www.sweetdreamssecurity.com/

A novel idea to take away the stigma from some security devices without impacting on their function.

Haha, very inventive, but i cant imagine the product taking off.
    This ain\'t about me im better them you\'ll ever be. You dont concern me i know you\'ll never get to me. You want a shot? I can take your best bring it on. - Slayer
    Gentoo Linux

Frustrated Mad Scientist
    It's an odd one. Cemetic mentioned that it might be popular in schools to take the edge off the hardware that is there to monitor the kids.

Yes I did didn't I ... That's right ... I think in schools and such this would be very nice ... It would provide security in a "friendly" way ... Kids get exposed to too much of these things anyway ...so why not use something more kids-friendly ... Hospitals could benefit from it to ...Especially children-hospitals ... But I can't see it taking a big hit in the big corporate kind of businesses... It just doesn't scream out "STAY AWAY !" more like "STAY AWAY, Pretty Please"

.C.
    Back when I was a boy, we carved our own IC's out of wood.

Banned
    Who cares about security in a "friendly way"? What if your ****ing kid decides to play with your razor wire because it's got butterflies or stars on it? This is a terrible idea.

I dont see the point of razorwire with butterflies and stars on it. Schools dont use razorwire and i cant imagine a buisness protecting its land with pretty razorwire.
    This ain\'t about me im better them you\'ll ever be. You dont concern me i know you\'ll never get to me. You want a shot? I can take your best bring it on. - Slayer
    Gentoo Linux

Frustrated Mad Scientist
    What if your ****ing kid decides to play with your razor wire because it's got butterflies or stars on it?
    Good point. Fluffy razor wire probably isn't the best idea same with the shaped glass but the covers for the cameras would take the edge off of the kit in primary schools/nurseries.