Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: GovernmentSecurity.org Defaced?

GovernmentSecurity.org Defaced?

Hi,

I was browsing a computer security forum today when i saw a post from "Aelphaeis_Mangarae" who is an operator over at Zone-h.org which is a website defacement mirror.

His post reported that the security website "Governmentsecurity.org" has had its forum section defaced earlier this morning.

I cannot find any imformation on this defacment at all and there is no report on the earlier defacment on governmentsecurity.org's website but the defacment is listed on zone-h.org's defacment mirror under the "DIGITAL ATTACKS ARCHIVE - SPECIAL DEFACEMENTS".

It appears to have been defaced by "U.I.P" can anyone dig any information up on this?.

DIGITAL ATTACKS ARCHIVE - SPECIAL DEFACEMENTS: http://www.zone-h.org/en/defacements/special

The defacement mirror of governmentsecurity.org is here: http://www.zone-h.org/en/defacements/mirror/id=3679327

Just a Virtualized Geek MrLinus's Avatar
    Well there is no report on GSO and if it happened it didn't last long because I didn't see anything this morning on it.
    Goodbye, Mittens (1992-2008). My pillow will be cold without your purring beside my head
    Extra! Extra! Get your FREE copy of Insight Newsletter||MsMittens' HomePage

Howdy.

That hack was done ageeees ago, it was because they were still running a certain version of Invision Power Board, that was vulnerable to CSS attacks.

http://www.governmentsecurity.org/fo...howtopic=15688
    http://www.governmentsecurity.org/fo...howtopic=18830

not sure if those links are still working...

cheers
    f2B

Elite Hacker
    Actually the hack was done last night. I was in their IRC server when it happened. They fixed it really fast and pretended like nothing happened :P. It wasn't that big a deal. I saved the defaced page to my hd, but since zone-h got it I guess that wasn't necessary. I would never have known it was defaced because I never go to forum index page. I surf through the main page which wasn't affected, and the main page links to specific threads which also weren't affected. So summing up. Yes, they were "hacked", but it was minor and I think all is good now.

Master-Jedi-Pimps0r & Moderator thehorse13's Avatar
    Skiddie is correct.

This was taken down *VERY* quickly and the network security guys over there shuffled along whistling as if nothing happened.

--TH13
    Our scars have the power to remind us that our past was real. -- Hannibal Lecter.
    Talent is God given. Be humble. Fame is man-given. Be grateful. Conceit is self-given. Be careful. -- John Wooden

Hoss~

Are these people stupid or what?..............after 9/11..............no WMDs............no Osama......... an intelligent person would keep their head down?

I was in their IRC server when it happened. They fixed it really fast and pretended like nothing happened
    Except they are now hunting you? I guess that about now is when I would do my six monthly reformat and reinstall?

There's an old saying. You almost have to forgive stupidity.

That said, I'm sure they were making changes to the site per several new requirements and someone FUBARed a config somewhere. I can't confirm but I do see this happen more times than you'd expect.

--TH13
    Our scars have the power to remind us that our past was real. -- Hannibal Lecter.
    Talent is God given. Be humble. Fame is man-given. Be grateful. Conceit is self-given. Be careful. -- John Wooden

huh !!!

Originally posted here by nihil
    Hoss~

Are these people stupid or what?..............after 9/11..............no WMDs............no Osama......... an intelligent person would keep their head down?

Except they are now hunting you? I guess that about now is when I would do my six monthly reformat and reinstall?

well maybe u don't know that there is one of the defacers here in AO
    but.. all wat i can say is it was done for a reason.. they insulted ARABIAN ppl !! on their IRC.. who gave them the right to do so !!! and i can tell u that i still can deface it again
    we just proved what we want.. if we just wanted DESTRUCTIONS.. we would delete and deface again.. but we just changed the Template and we didn't mess with the main PAGE

they insulted ARABIAN ppl !! on their IRC.. who gave them the right to do so !!! and i can tell u that i still can deface it again
    I certainly hope you attempt to exercise your rights on one of my sites. We just got some new jail jump suits that I'm sure will be the hit of the summer fashion.

You're seriously misguided in your opinion.

we just proved what we want.. if we just wanted DESTRUCTIONS.. we would delete and deface again.. but we just changed the Template and we didn't mess with the main PAGE
    LOL. Yeah, and I was the second shooter in the grassy knoll.

well maybe u don't know that there is one of the defacers here in AO
    Incidentally, there are people on this board that actually aprehend those who deface (hint, hint) Govt. property and I know for a FACT that it wasn't you.

--Th13

and I know for a FACT that it wasn't you.
    It was me i swear, i was the one whom sent the pizza to your house, as i thought it would be funny. jokes aside, i think this dude has been smoking waaaay to much of the green stuff. and most arabian hackers are skiddy's anyhow whom use old skiddy tools in witch they have no idea on what they do, they rely on ye ol' point and click method.