Linksys help

Thread: Linksys help

Banned

Unhappy Linksys help

I forgot my password for my router login i know the user name though...What the best way to get the password back do i press the reset button or do i call the company?

Hi, and welcome to AO.

Do you really mean "get the password back" or do you just want to get access to the router again?

If it is the latter then the reset button is the obvious choice. Don't forget to reset a password afterwards and check your settings

I can't think why you would have a pressing need for the forgotten password, as like all passwords, it is a good idea to change it periodically?

hitmun

Before you press the ole reset button, make sure you have the documentation for your router so you can reconfigure it if required. If you don't have the manual, go to the mfg's web site and get the info. I don't believe you'd want to be without a way to get online if you didn't know how to configure it.

Also if it is used inconjunction with a Sprint 645 ADSL Modem, you may also have to reconfig it as well and especially bridging through. In the case of the modem mentioned, the free support number can guide you through the process if needed.

good luck

cheers
    Connection refused, try again later.

Banned
    thanks for the help all..