This guy should enter the Darwing Awards.

Thread: This guy should enter the Darwing Awards.

Smile This guy should enter the Darwing Awards.

acher who kept a 40 mm shell on his desk as a paperweight blew off part of his hand when he apparently used the object to try to squash a bug, authorities say.

The 5-inch-long shell exploded Monday while Robert Colla was teaching 20 to 25 students at an adult education class.

Part of Colla's right hand was severed and he suffered severe burns and minor shrapnel wounds to his forearms and torso, fire Capt. Tom Weinell said. No one else was injured. He was reported in stable condition at a hospital.

The teacher slammed the shell down in an attempt to kill something that was buzzing or crawling across the desk, said Fire Marshal Glen Albright.

Colla found the 40 mm round while hunting years ago and "obviously he didn't think the round was live," said Dennis Huston, who teaches computer design alongside Colla.
    Original Article
    Damn talk about getting pwned

Re: This guy should enter the Darwing Awards.

How on earth did he not know it was live? All you have to do is shake it if the bullet is still attached to the casing to tell at the very least; Smoothe.
    \"Greatness only comes at great risk.\" ~ Personal/Generic

You know, this is why I moved the shells I have here away. I have some AK-47 bullets in my room I use from when me and my best friend used to go shooting on the weekends, but liitle kids kept asking to touch. Those and my TNT sticks are locked away now.

AO's Resident Redneck The Texan's Avatar
    Gore you better be lucky you locked away your stuff, if some little kid got hurt you would be in trouble for having all that shaite out in the open.
    Git R Dun - Ty
    A tribe is wanted

Heh, here's another one from my local news site.

PORTLAND, OR (AP) -- An Oregon man who went to a hospital complaining of a headache was found to have 12 nails embedded in his skull from a suicide attempt with a nail gun, doctors say.

Surgeons removed the nails with needle-nosed pliers and a drill, and the man survived with no serious lasting effects, according to a report on the medical oddity in the current issue of the Journal of Neurosurgery.

The unidentified 33-year-old man was suicidal and high on methamphetamine last year when he fired the nails into his head one by one.

The nails were not visible when doctors first examined the man in the emergency room of an unidentified Oregon hospital a day later. Doctors were surprised when X-rays revealed six nails clustered between his right eye and ear, two below his right ear and four on the left side of his head.
    You'd think it would hurt enough you'd stop after the first half dozen or so, wouldn't you?
    Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.

AO Ancient: Team Leader
    and the man survived with no serious lasting effects
    Errrrr.... Wasn't he an idiot _before_ he started this? Thus, there was no _noticable_ change in him!!!
    Don\'t SYN us.... We\'ll SYN you.....
    \"A nation that draws too broad a difference between its scholars and its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards, and its fighting done by fools.\" - Thucydides

Kind of what I thought...

I'm not a proponent of suicide, but I understand sometimes people feel that's the only thing that's going to make it better. HOWEVER, I would sincerely hope that if I ever get to that point, I'd choose to find another way to do it after the first oh, 3 or 4 nails didn't kill me!

Gotta admire his tenacity and stick-to-itiveness though!
    Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.