Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Problems installing IE 7 beta 2

Problems installing IE 7 beta 2

hi people

I installed the IE 7 beta 2 download from www.micirosoft.com!!

But, during the first installation, my power went out in between and due to the fluctuatin my pc restarted!!(mystery is, I have no idea whether the setup was able to complete or not, as I was not at the pc at that very moment of time.....)

Anyways, when the pc restarted, I found out that IE 7 was installed, but thinking of any flaw that might have occured during the fluctuation event, I uninstalled it!!

But, now I am not able to re-install it(IE 7 Beta 2). I have followed every step written in the troubleshoot guide but no gain..

So, can anyone help me, to re-install the IE 7 again??

Thnx
    CodeNameVirus

Howdy.

do a System Restore to the last known good config..
    other then that spybot search and destroy has an option in the advanced mode were you can uninstall programs that have flecked up.
    maybe give that a shot..

Or create a new user account with admin rights, and try installing it while logged into that account, if it works then just move your stuff from the other account and delete the old account, then make sure to change the new account to Limited user.

cheers
    f2B

I was thinking that I saw somewhere that MS was offering free support for IE Beta 7. Why don't you check that out?
    For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.
    (Romans 6:23, WEB)

do a System Restore to the last known good config..
    I have tried that earlier, but it didnt worked out!!

other then that spybot search and destroy has an option in the advanced mode were you can uninstall programs that have flecked up.
    maybe give that a shot..
    Will go and hav a shot at it now!!

Or create a new user account with admin rights, and try installing it while logged into that account, if it works then just move your stuff from the other account and delete the old account, then make sure to change the new account to Limited user.
    If that works out....it'll b one of the greatest mysteries for me.....for why didnt it worked in my current account....lol

I was thinking that I saw somewhere that MS was offering free support for IE Beta 7
    Its just a self-support troubleshooting guide......according to me!! And I have already tried it!!
    But, nothing worked.

thnx
    CodeNameVirus

As it is a beta test product isn't there a mechanism to report bugs to Microsoft?

After all, that is what beta testing is all about?

When you uninstalled IE7 Beta, did you follow these directions (under the Consumer Drop-down):

Current Internet Explorer 7 Beta 2 Preview users

If you're running a version of the Internet Explorer 7 Beta 2 Preview, follow these steps prior to downloading the latest version:

* Click your Start button, then go to Control Panel
    * Go to Add or Remove Programs
    * Go to Change or Remove Programs and make sure "Show updates" is checked.
    * If you are running Internet Explorer 7 Beta 2 Preview, released on March 20 or later, it is no longer necessary to check "Show updates."
    * Scroll down on the list and highlight "Internet Explorer 7 Beta 2 Preview."
    * Click "Remove" to uninstall the previous version of Internet Explorer 7.
    * Reboot your PC and return to the download page for Internet Explorer 7 to begin downloading the latest version.

Source
    Connection refused, try again later.

hi Relyt

When you uninstalled IE7 Beta, did you follow these directions (under the Consumer Drop-down):

Current Internet Explorer 7 Beta 2 Preview users

If you're running a version of the Internet Explorer 7 Beta 2 Preview, follow these steps prior to downloading the latest version:

* Click your Start button, then go to Control Panel
    * Go to Add or Remove Programs
    * Go to Change or Remove Programs and make sure "Show updates" is checked.
    * If you are running Internet Explorer 7 Beta 2 Preview, released on March 20 or later, it is no longer necessary to check "Show updates."
    * Scroll down on the list and highlight "Internet Explorer 7 Beta 2 Preview."
    * Click "Remove" to uninstall the previous version of Internet Explorer 7.
    * Reboot your PC and return to the download page for Internet Explorer 7 to begin downloading the latest version.
    Yes, I did follow the instructions when uninstalling!!
    CodeNameVirus

Did you check the logs for any clues?

C:\Windows\ie7beta2_main.log
    C:\Windows\ie7bet2p.log
    C:\Windows\ie7bet2pUninst.log

I know that you cannot re-install it over itself so every trace must be removed.

cheers
    Connection refused, try again later.

Hi

After you get up and running again, and go to re-install IE7 Beta, you should check this site out first.

Known Issues With IE7 Beta
    PC Registered user # 2,336,789,457...

"When the water reaches the upper level, follow the rats."
    Claude Swanson

hi relyt n Dalek

I tried both the things,...but nothing worked.

I even tried creating a new user account and installing the IE7 in it, but nopes!!

Everytime it says "Setup cannot be completed", Please restart to undo all the changes....

Any suggestions?
    CodeNameVirus