Thread: How to clean an LCD Monitor?

AO's Resident Redneck The Texan's Avatar

How to clean an LCD Monitor?

Hi, I was wondering the best way to clean an LCD Monitor. I have checked Google but got some conflicting results. Some sites say use water others dont. Some say a lint free rag others say paper towels... any ideas? thanks.
    Git R Dun - Ty
    A tribe is wanted

AOs Resident Troll
    NEVER use paper towels......PAPER=WOOD=SCRATCHES

I dont even use paper on my Maui Jims....or my skin for that matter

I use lint free rags....thats what I have used on my laptops...you can add a little vinegar\dish soap to ALOT of water...for those really tough nicotine stained units.

Make sure it is power off...wipe with DAMP cloth....dry immmediately with clean DRY cloth...

Works for me

MLF
    How people treat you is their karma- how you react is yours-Wayne Dyer

im a non smoker so I dont have to worry about nicotine stains, and I have seen the prices for cigarettes in Canada so if I lived there I most definately wouldnt smoke! anyway that is beside the point, thanx for the advice and I will try it. Its not SUPER dirty just kinda smudgy.

Btw if you get a chance to see an indie film called Thank You For Smoking I really recommend it, its very funny.
    Git R Dun - Ty
    A tribe is wanted

I don't recommend steel wool either. Even for those hard to scratch off boogies.

Seriously... had a user call me requesting a new LCD because theirs was too hard to read. Turns out to be an 1D10T error.... :/
    Quitmzilla is a firefox extension that gives you stats on how long you have quit smoking, how much money you\'ve saved, how much you haven\'t smoked and recent milestones. Very helpful for people who quit smoking and used to smoke at their computers... Helps out with the urges.

everyday i walk into work I hear 1D10T stories but that is a first for me lol
    Git R Dun - Ty
    A tribe is wanted

Well if you ever get someone tell you your PC has the UIAI bug, then you know that you have done something wrong, if people really bug us at work (PC repairs/retail shop) we are quite happy to tell them they have the UIAI bug on their PC, short for user is an idiot (we don't tell them what it is short for though;-P)... of course we don't charge extra for that unless it is someone who has brought a CD-R for £1 and then spend an hour or more on the phone/in store asking us questions, we get people like that and it is f*&$%@# annoying! like on guy who brought a microphone of us for £5 and said that it put viruses/spyware on his PC and wanted step by step removal instructions or for us to repair it free of charge........ anyway this is starting to drift a little off-topic now.

P.S. A damp cloth works just fine, do not use window cleaner or anything of the like, it will wreck your screen... this may help you http://www.wikihow.com/Clean-a-Lapto...ehold-Products
    I\'m Dying To Find Out The Hard Way