Thread: Can we make this a stickey in the Spyware Forum

Banned

Lightbulb Can we make this a stickey in the Spyware Forum

Hijack this log analyzer

http://www.hijackthis.de/

AO's Resident Redneck The Texan's Avatar
    If we made that a sticky, why not a link to Adaware and Spybot Search and Destroy? I doubt that will be made a sticky. Not because its not a good program but because its just a matter of personal preference as to what you use.
    Git R Dun - Ty
    A tribe is wanted

Banned
    no dude ... i'm not talking about the hijackthis web site ... (visit the site before you reply)

it's a site that will analyze your hijackthis log

it's much better then long useless posts full of log saying "pls help me what's malicious"

AO's Resident Redneck The Texan's Avatar
    My bad, I assumed. you know what they say assumptions make an ass out of you and me or something like that well have you talked to a Mod to try and get this sticky-ed?
    Git R Dun - Ty
    A tribe is wanted

Re: Can we make this a stickey in the Spyware Forum

Can we make this a stickey in the Spyware Forum
    Just for discussion sake....

Although it's not a bad idea, would visitors use the sticky? We have a heck of time just getting them to read the FAQs.

Also I would suggest that if we are going to do that, that we should include a couple different log analyzers as well

cheers.
    Connection refused, try again later.

I dont always agree with unhappy.. But here I do.. and I would suspect his idea would be with a cavet on the use of the information... or at least asking about the results there..

FAQ's, Stickies, Manuals who reads any of them.. bit like maps and asking for directions..
    "Consumer technology now exceeds the average persons ability to comprehend how to use it..give up hope of them being able to understand how it works." - Me http://www.cybercrypt.co.nr

I think that it needs more "meat"................at the moment, a bald link to a website doesn't tell anyone very much?

It needs a title like "Hijack This! Log Analyser"

It needs an explanation of what it does.

And, as Undies~ says: it needs a clear warning that these things are not foolproof

So you need to explain what to do about things that are flagged as "unknown" or "suspicious"

Master-Jedi-Pimps0r & Moderator thehorse13's Avatar
    There are several posts here that list "your favorite security tools sites".

This is the best you're going to get.

Here is one of them:
    http://www.antionline.com/showthread...hreadid=257183

--TH13
    Our scars have the power to remind us that our past was real. -- Hannibal Lecter.
    Talent is God given. Be humble. Fame is man-given. Be grateful. Conceit is self-given. Be careful. -- John Wooden