Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fandango

Fandango

Just bought tickets for the Da Vinci Code. Have to admit I am super eager about this movie. Even though I just about joked on my own vomit when I heard that Tom Hanks was going to play the lead. Oh there it almost went up again....

To quote Soutpark.... "Who in the hell cast Tom Hanks for this? Tom Hanks can't act his way out of a nut sack!"

But he is a good actor, just not what I pictured. Heck Johny Depp lives over in France, he would have been ok for the job. Anyway I thought the same thing about Tommy being cast in The Green Mile, and he did and EXCELLENT job.

I know some peeps on here get into the Da Vinci Code so I thought I would chime in and say... tickets are on sale at Fandango.
    West of House
    You are standing in an open field west of a white house, with a boarded front door.
    There is a small mailbox here.

AO's Resident Redneck The Texan's Avatar
    I am also really excited about this movie! I really enjoyed the book too. People made such a big deal over it though. It was all just a fiction book but good none the less. I must admit when I heard Tom was the lead I had my doubts but the more I see the trailers and previews I think it will be great. Did you pay regular price for those tickets or were they super expensive? did you buy tickets for opening day?
    Git R Dun - Ty
    A tribe is wanted

"People made such a big deal over it though. It was all just a fiction book but good none the less."

True it is a fictional novel but maybe if Dan Brown had not included this statement in the beginning no one would have made such a big deal about it ..

"all descriptions of artwork, architecture, documents [...] and secret rituals in this novel are accurate" ...
    Operation Cyberslam
    \"I\'ve noticed that everybody that is for abortion has already been born.\" Author Unknown
    Microsoft Shared Computer Toolkit
    Proyecto Ututo EarthCam

Did you pay regular price for those tickets or were they super expensive? did you buy tickets for opening day?
    You pay regular price for the tickets plus a fee, like a buck or soemthing for using fandango.com. Usually they announce a presale but I just went and checked and they are on there. $7.50 each is about normal price around here and it is for opening night. At least a couple times a year something exites me enough to go on opening night. This is one! The thing I like is no waiting in line at the ticket counter and you KNOW you have a ticket before going out, just print the ticket from home or coffee shop and go directly to the ticket dude (at most theaters).
    West of House
    You are standing in an open field west of a white house, with a boarded front door.

To be honest I haven't read the book yet. I did read the digital fortress but found it to be a disappointing read. I will probably go see the film before I bother with the book.
    \"America is the only country that went from barbarism to decadence without civilization in between.\"
    \"The reason we are so pleased to find other people\'s secrets is that it distracts public attention from our own.\"
    Oscar Wilde(1854-1900)

I don't know what your tastes in books are MURACU, but I couldn't put the book down after starting it. I don't think its a masterpeice or even deserves it's status among pop culture but definitely a good read. Speaking of religion, I saw Luther the other night on DVD. Good movie. I honestly don't know much about Luther. Those damn Germans starting all this protestant uprising that has endured for centuries. Terrorists.
    West of House

Hi Road,
    To be honest I will read almost everything. My favorite authors range from Tom Clancy to Ian M Banks ( science fiction) or Ian banks ( fiction). I have read everything from bronte to milton. Not forgetting Joyce, Wilde or Shakespeare. You could call me a bit of a bookworm.
    Still as I said I have never read the book as Digital fortress turned me off Dan brown. I will hold off on critising the actual book as a work of fiction till i read it.
    \"America is the only country that went from barbarism to decadence without civilization in between.\"
    \"The reason we are so pleased to find other people\'s secrets is that it distracts public attention from our own.\"
    Oscar Wilde(1854-1900)

You are like me I read everything. I'll check out that sci fi author. One of the reason we are going to UK in Sept is because the GF loves Shakespeare. All I care about is Pubs and Curry.

Ok that's now entirely true. Who doesn't like to pretend they are in a Shakespeare play?
    West of House

I was a little apprehensive after reading some critical reviews of the movie. Maybe I am not sophisticated enough to carry my head inserted into my anus. But they are all full of **** and could use a good colon cleaning.

Movie = Excellent
    Paul = Excellent portrayal of Silas.
    French Chick = Extreme cuteness, excellent portrayal
    The flash back sequences with historical context = Excellent
    Tom = He did ok. Better than expected
    Overall story telling of a book over 400 pages = Excellent
    British Acting = Excellent (already mentioned Paul)
    French Acting = Excellent
    Cinematography = **** yeah
    West of House

I take it the film is worth seeing for itself so then Road?
    Oscar Wilde(1854-1900)